It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 3 Keepers 10 teams
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:07 pm 

10 Team 5x5 League C, 1b, 2b, 3b, MI, CI, 5 OF, Util, 4 Sp, 2 Rp, 5 Bench

We only keep 3 so it's a pretty tricky choice for my 3rd keeper. My league weighs heavy on pitchers, last year Lincecum and Johan were taken in the 1st round! I mention that cause I'm not sure of the quality of pitchers that will be available for when the draft starts. We also have 2 new managers replacing the old teams. We're releasing those teams's players and then new managers are having a mini 3 pick draft before the rest of the teams do to accomodate them with the 3 keepers everyone else has. Lastly my 2nd pick is traded. I came in 2nd place so I'll have the 7th pick (two new managers have 9th + 10th) and its NOT a snake draft. It goes 1-10 every round. So after all that, here's my roster as it ended last year.

Pitchers
AJ Burnett
Joel Pineiro
Jonathan Sanchez
Juan Gutierrez
Heath Bell
Joakim Soria
Scott Baker
Bronson Arroyo
Paul Maholm
Johan Santana

Hitters
Pablo Sandoval
Albert Pujols
Robinson Cano
Chone Figgins
Ryan Theriot
Kevin Youkilis
Kazuo Matsui
Jason Bay
Matt Kemp
Nelson Cruz
Julio Borbon
Jayson Werth

Kemp + Pujols are my obvious 2 keepers. After them my possible choices are Cano, Figgy, Werth, Bay, or possibly Johan due to the possibly scarcity of #1 starters after the keepers. What say you fantasy gods?

Post subject: Re: 3 Keepers 10 teams
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:48 pm 

beantownmp wrote:
10 Team 5x5 League C, 1b, 2b, 3b, MI, CI, 5 OF, Util, 4 Sp, 2 Rp, 5 Bench

We only keep 3 so it's a pretty tricky choice for my 3rd keeper. My league weighs heavy on pitchers, last year Lincecum and Johan were taken in the 1st round! I mention that cause I'm not sure of the quality of pitchers that will be available for when the draft starts. We also have 2 new managers replacing the old teams. We're releasing those teams's players and then new managers are having a mini 3 pick draft before the rest of the teams do to accomodate them with the 3 keepers everyone else has. Lastly my 2nd pick is traded. I came in 2nd place so I'll have the 7th pick (two new managers have 9th + 10th) and its NOT a snake draft. It goes 1-10 every round. So after all that, here's my roster as it ended last year.

Pitchers
AJ Burnett
Joel Pineiro
Jonathan Sanchez
Juan Gutierrez
Heath Bell
Joakim Soria
Scott Baker
Bronson Arroyo
Paul Maholm
Johan Santana

Hitters
Pablo Sandoval
Albert Pujols
Robinson Cano
Chone Figgins
Ryan Theriot
Kevin Youkilis
Kazuo Matsui
Jason Bay
Matt Kemp
Nelson Cruz
Julio Borbon
Jayson Werth

Kemp + Pujols are my obvious 2 keepers. After them my possible choices are Cano, Figgy, Werth, Bay, or possibly Johan due to the possibly scarcity of #1 starters after the keepers. What say you fantasy gods?

I'd keep Youk.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:59 pm 

Grey wrote:
I'd keep Youk.

I completely overlooked Youuuuukkk. Is that an easy choice for you given the situation?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:06 pm 

No, but I'd prefer to fill up 3rd than 2nd base.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:46 pm 

Grey wrote:
No, but I'd prefer to fill up 3rd than 2nd base.

Gotcha. Thanks for the insight.