It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Keep 15
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:37 pm 

15 keepers, 12 team 6x6 (ops, qs) h2h categories, 3 Utility spots, no keeper values or length restrictions

this is what i'm thinking:
C - MMontero
1B - MCabrera
2B - RCano
SS - JReyes
3B - ELongoria
OF - RBraun
OF - MKemp
OF - HPence
U - RZimmerman
U - ARios
U -
BN - JHeyward

SP - AWainwright
SP - JVazquez
SP - BWebb
SP - JDanks

And I'm thinking I'll let go of CHart, EYoung, RWeeks, DStubbs and pitchers ROswalt, JDeLaRosa, WDavis, DHolland, KSlowey, CMarmol. I also have 3 1st rounders in the upcoming redraft so I could make a trade if any of my 15 are weak.

So, do I have the right 15 and are any of the 15 weak enough that I should aggressively look for a deal? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Keep 15
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:01 pm 

MickeyRivers wrote:
15 keepers, 12 team 6x6 (ops, qs) h2h categories, 3 Utility spots, no keeper values or length restrictions

this is what i'm thinking:
C - MMontero
1B - MCabrera
2B - RCano
SS - JReyes
3B - ELongoria
OF - RBraun
OF - MKemp
OF - HPence
U - RZimmerman
U - ARios
U -
BN - JHeyward

SP - AWainwright
SP - JVazquez
SP - BWebb
SP - JDanks

And I'm thinking I'll let go of CHart, EYoung, RWeeks, DStubbs and pitchers ROswalt, JDeLaRosa, WDavis, DHolland, KSlowey, CMarmol. I also have 3 1st rounders in the upcoming redraft so I could make a trade if any of my 15 are weak.

So, do I have the right 15 and are any of the 15 weak enough that I should aggressively look for a deal? Thanks.

Your team looks real solid going into next year. The only change I'd do is Webb. I wouldn't mess with him over dlR, Davis or Marmol. Dealer's choice, but I'd keep them in that order.

The only deal I can think of is if you can move some of the guys you are not keeping to a team to get one player back that would be an upgrade. Say Oswalt, Marmol and Hart for one upgrade on who you have.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:28 am 

i think i can get Vlad or Chris Davis pretty cheaply (draft picks). Would either of them make sense for my team? I would have to then either keep only 3 pitchers or drop rios or montero.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:40 am 

Chris Davis wouldn't be bad on your team, but I wouldn't drop any of your pitchers or those two hitters for him.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:17 pm 

I traded Vazquez for CarGo and Chris Davis. I'm thinking I won't keep Montero based on who I think other teams are keeping. So this is what I have now:

C -
1B - MCabrera
2B - RCano
SS - JReyes
3B - ELongoria
OF - RBraun
OF - MKemp
OF - HPence
U - RZimmerman
U - ARios
U - CGonzalez
Bench - CDavis
Bench - JHeyward

SP - AWainwright
SP - BWebb
SP - JDanks

Cut MMontero, CHart, ROswalt, JDeLaRosa. The pitchers are pretty close to me after Wainwright, so I might change them, but do you think it's a reasonable strategy to keep just 3 pitchers in a 15-keeper league considering my hitting. How about 2 if I decide to keep Montero? I plan to take pitchers with 3 of my first 4 picks (all in first 14 picks) of the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:02 pm 

I'd let Montero go back, change the pitchers, getting rid of Webb and draft pitchers for your first couple of picks, then grab a catcher with your third or fourth pick.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:23 am 

I made a few moves and this is what I have now:

C -
1B - MCabrera
2B - RCano
SS - JReyes
3B - ELongoria
OF - RBraun
OF - MKemp
OF - HPence
U - RZimmerman
U - ARios
U - CGonzalez
Bench - JHeyward

SP - AWainwright
SP - JBeckett
SP - JDeLaRosa
SP - JDanks

At this point I'm cutting Corey Hart and Chris Davis. I don't really want to keep Danks. I'm thinking about trying to trade him and Heyward. Any suggestions on what I should be targeting?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:35 am 

MickeyRivers wrote:
I made a few moves and this is what I have now:

C -
1B - MCabrera
2B - RCano
SS - JReyes
3B - ELongoria
OF - RBraun
OF - MKemp
OF - HPence
U - RZimmerman
U - ARios
U - CGonzalez
Bench - JHeyward

SP - AWainwright
SP - JBeckett
SP - JDeLaRosa
SP - JDanks

At this point I'm cutting Corey Hart and Chris Davis. I don't really want to keep Danks. I'm thinking about trying to trade him and Heyward. Any suggestions on what I should be targeting?

Maybe get a catcher or upgrade at starter. I'd shoot for a catcher in the area of Montero and a starter in the area of Ubaldo or Nolasco.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:05 pm 

i can trade reyes straight up for tulo... would you recommend that move considering the players on my team?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:18 pm 

6x6 with OPS so i have to do it, right?