It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 7 Keepers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:53 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

All the info should be in my sig. $260 budget with NO change their value. Note that we don't count steals but we do count OBP. We also don't count wins but we do count quality starts.

This is my first season of fantasy baseball so I'm going to pat myself on the back for currently sitting in second place. BUT, I need some serious help figuring out my keepers. My initial thought is keep all my bigger names like Utley, Holiday, Figgins, King Felix, Greinke and Lee. But then, what about my one dollar players likes Montero, Beckham and Davis? What about a solid closer like Nathan?

C:
1B:
2B: Cano ($21)
3B:
SS:
2B/SS:
1B/3B:
OF: Bautista ($10), Gomez ($11), Myers ($4)
UTIL:
Bench:
DL:

SP: Jo-Fer ($4)
RP:
Bench:
DL:

Post subject: Re: 7 Keepers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:16 pm 

SwaggerJackers wrote:
All the info should be in my sig. $260 budget with NO change their value. Note that we don't count steals but we do count OBP. We also don't count wins but we do count quality starts.

This is my first season of fantasy baseball so I'm going to pat myself on the back for currently sitting in second place. BUT, I need some serious help figuring out my keepers. My initial thought is keep all my bigger names like Utley, Holiday, Figgins, King Felix, Greinke and Lee. But then, what about my one dollar players likes Montero, Beckham and Davis? What about a solid closer like Nathan?
C: Montero ($1)
1B: Konerko ($4)
2B: Utley ($29)
3B: Figgins ($5)
SS: Beckham ($1)
2B/SS: Escobar ($3)
1B/3B: Coghlan ($1)
OF: Holliday ($25), R. Davis ($1), Guerrero ($19), McCutchen ($1), Hunter ($7)
UTIL: CarGo ($1)
Bench: Rolen ($1), Napoli ($5), Granderson ($9)
DL: F. Sanchez ($1)

SP: King Felix ($11), Sabathia ($26), Baker ($9), Greinke ($7), Cliff Lee ($11), Blanton ($1)
RP: Papelbon ($12), Nathan ($13), Cordero ($4)
Bench: Shields ($14)
DL: Peavy ($20)

F-Her, Utley, Holliday, Greinke, Cliff Lee, Granderson, Figgins...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:43 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Thanks for the advice.

The only one out of the bunch I worry about is Granderson. His average this season is .248 and currently he's really slumping. I also don't benefit from steals in the league.

In my ESPN custom player rater for my league, Granderson's season value is currently 3.39 while Hunter is 7.69 and Coghlan is 5.45. Thoughts?

C:
1B:
3B:
SS:
2B/SS:
1B/3B:
UTIL:
Bench:
DL:

RP:
Bench:
DL:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:08 pm 

I totally brain-farted on the no steals thing. You're right on Grandy. I'd lose him for Hunter.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:06 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Mr. Grey,

Time to revisit my keepers now that half my fantasy team has been traded.

Steals have unofficially been added to the categories and we're looking at adding another pitching stat but haven't decided yet.

Utley, Holiday, King Felix, Greinke and Cliff Lee are in but who should the other two be?

($9) Granderson's value goes up because now steals count in the league and he's with the Yankees.
($5) Figgin's value goes down a little, right? Less offense to knock in all those walks he gets. Plus, if I keep speedy Granderson should I try to get more power out of 3rd base?
($1) Coghlan's perceived value goes up because he won the rookie title. His high batting average really helped me down the stretch. I was hoping he wouldn't get any recognition then I could just get him for $2 at the end of the draft.

What about ($1) Beckham or ($1) McCutchen?

C:
1B:
3B:
SS:
2B/SS:
1B/3B:
UTIL:
Bench:
DL:

RP:
Bench:
DL:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:20 pm 

SwaggerJackers wrote:
Mr. Grey,

Time to revisit my keepers now that half my fantasy team has been traded.

Steals have unofficially been added to the categories and we're looking at adding another pitching stat but haven't decided yet.

Utley, Holiday, King Felix, Greinke and Cliff Lee are in but who should the other two be?

($9) Granderson's value goes up because now steals count in the league and he's with the Yankees.
($5) Figgin's value goes down a little, right? Less offense to knock in all those walks he gets. Plus, if I keep speedy Granderson should I try to get more power out of 3rd base?
($1) Coghlan's perceived value goes up because he won the rookie title. His high batting average really helped me down the stretch. I was hoping he wouldn't get any recognition then I could just get him for $2 at the end of the draft.

What about ($1) Beckham or ($1) McCutchen?

Grandy definitely.

You should try and get more power out of 3rd base, but you do have Utley at 2nd, that'll help. If you can get a Tulo or any homer threat at SS, then that should offset your Figgins.

Coghlan is nice for OBP, but I still think you should hold onto Figgins.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:04 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

It's doubtful Tulo is going to be available so what other SS power is there? My player rater is only showing Zobrist, Young and Rollins. Hanley will be kept.

Should I focus on a power boost to 1B instead? I drafted Konerko late last season and can't wait to get someone better.

Once I know who's available in the spring, I'll give you the scoop.

C:
1B:
3B:
SS:
2B/SS:
1B/3B:
UTIL:
Bench:
DL:

RP:
Bench:
DL:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:52 pm 

SwaggerJackers wrote:
It's doubtful Tulo is going to be available so what other SS power is there? My player rater is only showing Zobrist, Young and Rollins. Hanley will be kept.

Should I focus on a power boost to 1B instead? I drafted Konerko late last season and can't wait to get someone better.

Once I know who's available in the spring, I'll give you the scoop.

You're better off looking for power from your 1st baseman than your SS.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:03 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey!

Reyes was sitting around on waivers so I picked him up.

Keep him instead of Figgins?

This is the current keeper list we came up with: F-Her, Utley, Holliday, Greinke, Cliff Lee, Granderson, Figgins...

C:
1B:
3B:
SS:
2B/SS:
1B/3B:
UTIL:
Bench:
DL:

RP:
Bench:
DL:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:07 pm 

I'd go with Reyes over Figgy, yeah.