It is currently Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: The Playoff Push!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:28 pm 

Well my team is in the sig. This is the last week before the playoffs (which start on Monday of next week) and I wanted to solidify my team before it
(rosters basically freeze - i'm allowed to drop a guy if i want to promote someone from DL/Minors, or add/drop if there is a significant injury).

With that being said, I only have 3 "adds" left. So i figured I'd use 2 now if need be, and save 1 for the playoffs. Or use 1 now and save 2 for the playoffs in case of injury.

So, I was thinking about picking up any possible Sept callups or FA.

Moves I could make:

1. Add any of these guys: Cust, Dejesus, Hermida, Cristian Guzman,

and drop either Prado (who i like because of his 1b/2b/3b elig), or drop Kendrick.

2. Stash a guy thats in the minors now: Carlos Santana, Buster Posey, Carlos Carrasco, Wade Davis, Aaron Poreda, and drop Brian Matusz.

Thanks for your input as always - it is greatly appreciated. I'll buy you a margarita. Frozen.

Post subject: Re: The Playoff Push!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:56 pm 

Zubaz4fans wrote:
Well my team is in the sig. This is the last week before the playoffs (which start on Monday of next week) and I wanted to solidify my team before it
(rosters basically freeze - i'm allowed to drop a guy if i want to promote someone from DL/Minors, or add/drop if there is a significant injury).

With that being said, I only have 3 "adds" left. So i figured I'd use 2 now if need be, and save 1 for the playoffs. Or use 1 now and save 2 for the playoffs in case of injury.

So, I was thinking about picking up any possible Sept callups or FA.

Moves I could make:

1. Add any of these guys: Cust, Dejesus, Hermida, Cristian Guzman,

and drop either Prado (who i like because of his 1b/2b/3b elig), or drop Kendrick.

2. Stash a guy thats in the minors now: Carlos Santana, Buster Posey, Carlos Carrasco, Wade Davis, Aaron Poreda, and drop Brian Matusz.

Thanks for your input as always - it is greatly appreciated. I'll buy you a margarita. Frozen.

Drop Kendrick and grab Cust if eligibility isn't a issue. (I'd prefer to drop Prado, but it sounds like you need him). I'd hold the other two adds for the playoffs.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:39 pm 

would you drop Swisher for Cust?

Swisher's been Dog Doo lately. And he's just a backup of mine.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:57 pm 

Matt Diaz is out there too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:06 pm 

Go Cust for straight power, Diaz for average, runs and slight power.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.