It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Spot starters, wisdom or folly?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:08 pm 

Lousy Beltran is killing my team lately. I finally benched him last week once against Lincecum and he hits a homer and drives in 4. Has done nothing positive worth mentioning since. Looking back at his gamelog, he has had 2 good games in the last 2 weeks. How is it that I pick the worst possible game to sit him? It's not like I bench him against guys like Kendrick or Eaton. Lincecum is supposedly good. Had I benched him today against Cook, there's no doubt he would have 2 hits and 3 RBI by now.

Are fantasy gods racist against short blue people?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:13 pm 

papasmurf wrote:
Are fantasy gods racist against short blue people?

Ha!

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:37 pm 

Papasmurf: You are going to drive yourself nuts. My recommendation, pick your starters and play them, you shuffle them in and out, you are just naturally going to hit the lows and miss the highs. It could work out the other way but I think Murphy took care of that by making it a law that anything that can go wrong will.

Its like trying to manage stocks looking at it day by day. You react to all the daily fluctuations and you just end up losing money. But hey, maybe you like the stress.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:14 pm 

I have been sticking with Beltran all year. If I just sat him once or twice every week after a bad game, I would expect to get burned many times and I would desrve to get burned, but I only benched him once against one of the top pitchers in baseball after watching him drop my team BA day after day in the last 2 weeks against very mediocre pitchers.

It's my own fault for sitting him, but my luck could be better. Is all.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:32 pm 

I hear what your saying. I have the same luck streaming pitchers. Seemingly good matchup and Shazaam, he gets rocked 2.2 innings and 1000 ER's. Or even wins leaves the game after pitching 4.2 innings with the lead and doesn't get the win. To make matters worse, a Mr. B comes in throws 2 pitches and gets the win which goes to the guy right behind you in the standings. Murphy never lets you down.