It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: need to pick 2 more
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:59 pm 

Must pick 5 – 16 keeper league that also counts OBP. (Can pick a 6th one as option)
I am keeping Wright for sure. And Hamels and Javy Vazquez are locks by default too. Leaves me two guys to choose from among these gems:

Dye, Kubel, Morgan, Ervin Santana, Willingham, “Mclousy”

I much rather not keep any of them, but leagues rules dictate I must keep 2 more.

Injuries decimated my once promising team this year, and I may have short sightedly traded two keepers Peavy and Beltran to make a run at the title.

Post subject: Re: need to pick 2 more
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:05 pm 

papasmurf wrote:
Must pick 5 – 16 keeper league that also counts OBP. (Can pick a 6th one as option)
I am keeping Wright for sure. And Hamels and Javy Vazquez are locks by default too. Leaves me two guys to choose from among these gems:

Dye, Kubel, Morgan, Ervin Santana, Willingham, “Mclousy”

I much rather not keep any of them, but leagues rules dictate I must keep 2 more.

Injuries decimated my once promising team this year, and I may have short sightedly traded two keepers Peavy and Beltran to make a run at the title.

Ervin and McLouth, but kinda blech.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:41 pm 

Ervin and Morgan. I think a healthy Ervin (next season) can be dominant, and Morgan has shown some potential even though his team sucks. I think McClouth was a flash in the pan and that he isn't going to repeat last year's numbers anytime soon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:19 pm 

Now Wright's of my roster too. Just accepted a deal of Brian Roberts and Kendry Morales for Wright and Kubel. How can I not accept this when I still have a (long) shot at first? My team's getting about 2 RBI a day (for real) for the last 10 days or so with no power. I badly need an offensive boost.

Is Morales a borderline keeper candidate in a 16 team league? (Top 120 player or so)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:41 pm 

Yeah, definitely.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:18 am 

Thanks. I'll keep him and Roberts.

Fell back 9 more pts after last night. Now my team’s down 20… 9 homers and 50 RBI from the “offense” so far this month was the nail in the coffin.

Roberts and Morales very well be better than Wright and Beltran next year given the ridiculous Citifield (and I don’t think Beltran will run much anymore), so maybe I didn’t do so badly with these deals even if they don’t help me this yr.