It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Scott, Ethier, Buchholz
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:39 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

The time has probably come (and gone) for me to make some roster moves... Does the group have any opinions on the following?

- In a 12 team, 5x5, h2h.. Andre Ethier or Luke Scott?

- Taylor Buchholz: is everyone in agreement that he's the first in line to close in Colorado if Fuentes is dealt? That would be sooo Manny Corpas being Manny to jump the line and do well enough to piss off Buchholz owners (but probably poor enough to still piss of Rockies fans. That is, if there are any games to save).

Post subject: Re: Scott, Ethier, Buchholz
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:57 am 

peter wrote:
Andre Ethier or Luke Scott?

Ethier

peter wrote:
- Taylor Buchholz: is everyone in agreement that he's the first in line to close in Colorado if Fuentes is dealt? That would be sooo Manny Corpas being Manny to jump the line and do well enough to piss off Buchholz owners (but probably poor enough to still piss of Rockies fans. That is, if there are any games to save).

I'd think it would be Buchholz at this point, but Corpas just got a big contract so you never know.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:21 am 

Corpas pitching better of late. They might just leave Buchholz in the set up role for comfort and continued success.

Similar situation in Milwaukee with Gagne pitching better of late and will probably be plugged back into a closer role eventually... then of course get hurt and we're back at square 1.

Especially in the case of big contracts, sometimes team will let that players ride in a showcase role in order to trade-bait. Seeing how the Rockies are trotting out Fuentes instead of Corpas I'd say the management has faith in the guy.

I'm just saying Buchholz is no guarantee to automatically close even though his numbers suggest otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:24 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

re: Corpas vs. Buchholz for saves if Fuentes leaves the picture...

Corpas was picked up in a couple of my leagues (over Buchholz) this weekend. Small sample size, but the marketplace might be leaning towards toward Corpas right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:12 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Buchholz struggled mightily, last night. Granted, he came into a tough situation - but allowed 3 runs (none earned). He gave up his 2nd HR of the year - the first coming just a couple days ago. Meanwhile, Manny Corpas hasn't allowed an earned run in his last 9 innings (allowing 7 hits, notching 11 Ks). Do you guys see Corpas jumping ahead of Buchholz if/when Fuentes is moved?