It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Trade just offered
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:19 pm 

I give Berkman, Tulo, McLouth, Gordon and Porcello
I get Helton, Tejeda, Holliday Shields and a swap of his 10thpick in next years draft for my 12th pick
I have Pujols, Cabrera and Wright at corners. Markakis, Lind, Cuddyer and Dye as my other outfielders.
My question is . Berkman is turning it on. Does Holliday turn things around?
12 team 5x5 9 player keeper.
I hate using this but if the 2010 draft was held today my keepers would be
Pujols, Wright, Utley, Cabrera, Cano, Berkman,Reyes,Felix and maybe, Lackey , Vazquez or Markakis for the 9th keeper. Markakis only has one year remaining on his contract after this year. That would mean if I made this trade it would come down to Holliday instead of Berkman and Shields would be a tradebale player. I could possibly keep one or the other and package two or three players for a big upgrade in picks.
Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Trade just offered
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:31 pm 

VtPistonsFan wrote:
I give Berkman, Tulo, McLouth, Gordon and Porcello
I get Helton, Tejeda, Holliday Shields and a swap of his 10thpick in next years draft for my 12th pick
I have Pujols, Cabrera and Wright at corners. Markakis, Lind, Cuddyer and Dye as my other outfielders.
My question is . Berkman is turning it on. Does Holliday turn things around?
12 team 5x5 9 player keeper.
I hate using this but if the 2010 draft was held today my keepers would be
Pujols, Wright, Utley, Cabrera, Cano, Berkman,Reyes,Felix and maybe, Lackey , Vazquez or Markakis for the 9th keeper. Markakis only has one year remaining on his contract after this year. That would mean if I made this trade it would come down to Holliday instead of Berkman and Shields would be a tradebale player. I could possibly keep one or the other and package two or three players for a big upgrade in picks.
Thoughts?

I'd prefer to be on the side getting Berkman.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:39 pm 

Yeah had a feeling thats what you would say. Normally I'm pretty quick to accept a trade but this one I wasn't sure of.I guess I'm just curious to see what Holliday is going to do if he is traded to a team like the Yankees or another contender. I had Shields and trade him for Felix. The others are just pieces to make the trade work. I think I'm a bigger fan of Berkman then I am Holliday.
Berkmans value will be high after this season because we had 5 first baseman taken in the first round of this years draft. Only Adrian Gonzalez will be avalible next year. A very weak draft. And I would have Berkman,. Pujols and Miggy .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:26 am 

Well the other owner downsized his offer. He sent me an offer of Shields and Rasmus for McLouth and Wolf.
My hitting is stacked and I think I can lose McLouth. I do need Wins, ERA and Ks. But I'm not sure Shields is that much of an upgrade over Wolf. But Wolf just doesn't seem to go deep enough into games to get wins. He doesn't seem to get much run support. TB is playing well right now but thats a tough division and Shields can't beat the Red Sox. The same owner also has Dexter Fowler. Which one would you rather have for the rest of the season? And which one do you think would be easier to package in an off season deal. I'm also thinking of counter offering Fowler for Cuddyer along with the other offer. My other outfielders are Dye, Lind, Markakis and Chris Young.Your thoughts much aprreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:59 am 

Cancel the Fowler part of my question. He doesn't want to trade him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:49 am 

Not crazy about the Shields deal.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:53 am 

What is it about the deal you don't like? I think Shields may be just a tad overrated.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:56 am 

McLouth is more valuable than Shields and Wolf's more valuable than Rasmus. There's no part of that deal that's appealing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:10 am 

Yeah thinking the same thing. I tried to get Josh Johnson but he won't part with him.And he also has Liriano but hes too shaky for me right now. But maybe now is the time to try to buy low. I think he over values him as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:56 am 

I'm still in trade talks. The other owner has now offered me Shields and Vernon Wells for Wolf and Markakis. Markakis has one more year after this year. I was thinking of countereing with McLouth and Wolf for Wells and Shields?
I was also just offered Ejiah Dukes for Matt LaPorta.If either of these guys comes up I would have to drop somebody to fit them in or drop Dukes or LaPorta. We have to activate or drop.Which has more trade value if I was to package up ?
Sorry two different questions.