It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Need to slot keepers (12 team 6x6)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:48 pm 

I'm in a transitioning keeper league w/ 12 teams (roto, 6x6 w/OPS) and need to assign 6 keepers in rounds 20 - 10 (round will be n-2 every year going forward from now).

Currently, my plan is:

20: Bogaerts
18: Machado
16: Stanton
14: Profar
12: Rizzo
10: Braun

Not keeping, but could switch in: J.Reyes, Shelby Miller, Wacha, Sonny Gray, Salazar, Teheran

Would you switch any of these draft slots?

Thanks in advance - have been a big fan of the site for a while.

Post subject: Re: Need to slot keepers (12 team 6x6)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:16 pm 

lisfranc wrote:
I'm in a transitioning keeper league w/ 12 teams (roto, 6x6 w/OPS) and need to assign 6 keepers in rounds 20 - 10 (round will be n-2 every year going forward from now).

Currently, my plan is:

Not keeping, but could switch in: J.Reyes, Shelby Miller, Wacha, Sonny Gray, Salazar, Teheran

So you could keep Reyes in the 20th round instead of Bogaerts?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:22 pm 

I can move any of the listed players into any of the listed draft slots (i.e. I could put Reyes, Machado, Bogaerts, whoever into the 20th round). It's an amnesty year as we transition into a value system. Once I set the value, it locks for the future.

Grey wrote:
lisfranc wrote:

Currently, my plan is:

So you could keep Reyes in the 20th round instead of Bogaerts?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:15 pm 

So why wouldn't you put the best guys in the best slots -- say Braun in the 20th?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:41 am 

A 2014 20th round becomes a 2015 18th, a 2016th 16th etc. Once the value hits a 2nd round, you can't keep a player further.

The potential reason to slot Reyes/Braun in a lower slot than Stanton/Machado/Bogaerts is length of time one could keep the player, if the player hits. Would keeping a 35 year old Braun as a 12th round pick be worth more than a 29 year old Stanton in the same slot?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:05 pm 

lisfranc wrote:
A 2014 20th round becomes a 2015 18th, a 2016th 16th etc. Once the value hits a 2nd round, you can't keep a player further.

The potential reason to slot Reyes/Braun in a lower slot than Stanton/Machado/Bogaerts is length of time one could keep the player, if the player hits. Would keeping a 35 year old Braun as a 12th round pick be worth more than a 29 year old Stanton in the same slot?

Well, you wouldn't have to keep Braun at 35 years old, would you? You could have a different keeper by then... Interesting format though, and I see what you're saying... Stanton would be your best keeper long term because he's so young, so I'd put him in the 20th... Then as you have them... With the bottom two bumped up a slot... So...

Stanton - 20
Bogaerts - 18
Machado - 16
then as you have them...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:10 pm 

You're a gentleman and a scholar, in some order.