Thanks for all your help in 2013. I had a great year (didn't win it all), but had much success due to following your advice on guys like Goldy, Max, Shelby Miller, Ryu, Marte et al
12 Team HTH weekly 6x6 league (AVE, HR, R, RBI, Net SB & OPS, W, S, H, ERA, WHIP, K-9)
We can keep 2 players for the cost of 2014 draft pick that is 3 rounds better than where they were drafted in 2013.
Had to draft the player and keep them on roster all year to be eligible. Guys like Puig/J.Fernandez etc. won’t be kept b/c they were WW claims.
Also, you can keep on keeping them for 3 rounds better each year if desired (max 2 players each year). 20th rd this year, 17th in 2015, 14th in 2016 etc.
Maybe makes a Shelby Miller for 20th more enticing than a Max Scherzer for a 4th? Or just worry about 1 year at a time?
Knowing this, which two players below would you keep in 2014 in this league format?
My gut says Goldschmidt is a no brainer, but I’m waffling over a small value for Scherzer or the bigger potential value of a guy like Shelby Miller?
Plus the draft order is random each year so nobody tanks at the end of the year to improve draft pick priority.
If I get lucky and get an earlier pick I could have Goldy for a late 2nd and either (Max for a late 4th or Shelby for a late 20th).
Any serious consideration given to Trumbo with his new home for an 8th rounder or Ryu for an 18th rounder?
I have them listed in the order of my gut.
• Paul Goldschmidt (cost = 2014 2nd round pick)
• Shelby Miller, (cost = 2014 20th round pick)
• Max Scherzer, (cost = 2014 4th round pick)
• Hyun Jin Ryu, (cost = 2014 18th round pick)
• Mark Trumbo, (cost = 2014 8th round pick)
• Mike Minor, (cost = 2014 12th round pick)
10 TM WEEKLY HTH Yahoo 6x6 (OPS/Holds) & K/9 not K's: Most categories gets 1 win each week
(Run, HR, RBI, AVE, OPS, NetSB)
(1) C: Wieters
(1) 1B: J.Abreu
(1) 2B: Kipnis
(1) SS: Tulowitzki
(1) 3B: C. Davis
(3) OF: Marte, Heyward, Holt (Pillar, Tomas)
(2) UT: Correa, Encarnacion (Hosmer)
(2) DL: Dickerson, Myers
(Win, Save, Hold, ERA, WHIP, K/9 not K's) (only 20-IP min per week)
(3) SP: Arrieta, Salazar, Liriano (Pineda, Richards)
(3) RP: Chapman, Melancon, W.Davis
(2) P: J.McGee, Ramos (Boxberger)