It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Uh-Oh
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:56 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I am in a standard 12 team 5x5 head to head matchup league, and My team is beginning to hit the skids. I'm not sure its panic time yet, but might be close. I'm in 5th place (not by much, all teams are seperated by a game or two) and just lost Sizemore for what could be a long amount of time. I'd like to present to you my team, "The Handler" and I was wondering what you think I should do to withstand this current storm. It should be mentioned that I am in the top 3 of every offensive category other than SB, and on most of pitching, besides L's and WHIP. But, alas, it is not a roto league. I'm I just getting unlucky? WTF?

C- Saltalamacchia
1B- Youkillis
2B- Uggla / Adam Kennedy
3B- Wright / Zimmerman
SS- Tulowitzki / Clint Barnes
OF- Sizemore (DL) / Bay / Reimold / Kennedy / Morales / Elsbury / Ben Francisco

SP- Sabathia / Slowey / Buerhle / Gallardo / Price / Medlen / Hughes / Meche / Kazmir (DL) / Duchscerer (DL)

RP- Soria / Broxton / Wheeler

I've made some trade to get Elsbury and just picked up Francisco, Kennedy, Medlen and Reimold. Oh and Barnes too. One more thing. I Have never won saves, and last week I registered Zero (thats with Cruz in place of Soria, he did not do so well). Should i just sell these guys to get a big bat? I don't like punting a category but I'm getting a little tired of this.

SS- I. Desmond
3B- A. Rodriguez
OF- J. Bruce
OF- C. Gonzalez
OF- J. Damon
UTIL- M. Texiera
UTIL- J. Smoak
Bench- P. Bourjos, M. Cuddyer

SP- J. Johnson, M. Garza, C. Billingsly, M. Scherzer, J. Masterson, JDLR, E. Volquez

RP- A. Chapman, C. Perez, J. Contrearas (DL), J. Axford, S. Santos, M. Melancon

Post subject: Re: Uh-Oh
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:11 am 

nostrathomas wrote:
I am in a standard 12 team 5x5 head to head matchup league, and My team is beginning to hit the skids. I'm not sure its panic time yet, but might be close. I'm in 5th place (not by much, all teams are seperated by a game or two) and just lost Sizemore for what could be a long amount of time. I'd like to present to you my team, "The Handler" and I was wondering what you think I should do to withstand this current storm. It should be mentioned that I am in the top 3 of every offensive category other than SB, and on most of pitching, besides L's and WHIP. But, alas, it is not a roto league. I'm I just getting unlucky? WTF?

C- Saltalamacchia
1B- Youkillis
2B- Uggla / Adam Kennedy
3B- Wright / Zimmerman
SS- Tulowitzki / Clint Barnes
OF- Sizemore (DL) / Bay / Reimold / Kennedy / Morales / Elsbury / Ben Francisco

SP- Sabathia / Slowey / Buerhle / Gallardo / Price / Medlen / Hughes / Meche / Kazmir (DL) / Duchscerer (DL)

RP- Soria / Broxton / Wheeler

I've made some trade to get Elsbury and just picked up Francisco, Kennedy, Medlen and Reimold. Oh and Barnes too. One more thing. I Have never won saves, and last week I registered Zero (thats with Cruz in place of Soria, he did not do so well). Should i just sell these guys to get a big bat? I don't like punting a category but I'm getting a little tired of this.

I wouldn't punt saves. Your team should get better, they are a little heavy on power and light on all-around-ness, if that makes sense. Basically, I mean you're going to win some weeks by a lot and lose other weeks by a lot. They're very streaky. Might be better team for roto than H2H, but alas... it is what it is. Your pitching's fine, so that's good. Do you really need Wright and Zimmerman? Maybe trade one of them (Wright) for a big outfield bat (Braun, Berkman, etc.)

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:22 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I play Zimmerman in a Utility spot so he's helpful. But I could see about dealing him.

SS- I. Desmond
3B- A. Rodriguez
OF- J. Bruce
OF- C. Gonzalez
OF- J. Damon
UTIL- M. Texiera
UTIL- J. Smoak

SP- J. Johnson, M. Garza, C. Billingsly, M. Scherzer, J. Masterson, JDLR, E. Volquez

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:38 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

So maybe Zimmerman for A. Soriano? Or is that dude too old?
- Also, during the 4th week of the season I thought I was being really crafty and I traded Grienke for David Wright and Gallardo. I really thought I had fleeced the guy until I a couple of weeks ago when Wright had only hit 3 HR and Grienke was ranked #1 overall in out league. Do you think Wright will get his shit together? Its not like he's been bad but not what I expected. I mean the steals are nice and all, but , c'mon. Should I be looking to deal Wright over Zimmerman?

SS- I. Desmond
3B- A. Rodriguez
OF- J. Bruce
OF- C. Gonzalez
OF- J. Damon
UTIL- M. Texiera
UTIL- J. Smoak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:44 am 

nostrathomas wrote:
So maybe Zimmerman for A. Soriano? Or is that dude too old?
- Also, during the 4th week of the season I thought I was being really crafty and I traded Grienke for David Wright and Gallardo. I really thought I had fleeced the guy until I a couple of weeks ago when Wright had only hit 3 HR and Grienke was ranked #1 overall in out league. Do you think Wright will get his shit together? Its not like he's been bad but not what I expected. I mean the steals are nice and all, but , c'mon. Should I be looking to deal Wright over Zimmerman?

I said above -- Maybe trade one of them (Wright) for a big outfield bat (Braun, Berkman, etc.) -- Yes, I'd trade Wright over Zimmerman.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:49 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

A-ha. Yes you did I see that very clearly now.

SS- I. Desmond
3B- A. Rodriguez
OF- J. Bruce
OF- C. Gonzalez
OF- J. Damon
UTIL- M. Texiera
UTIL- J. Smoak