It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Need Razzball's brain trust help - TRADING DRAFT PICKS
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:07 pm 

Ok, so my 10 team keeper league team is in my signature. We can keep 3 players. The player you keep, you forfeit the round you picked him in in next year's draft. The players I'm looking to keep (I'm struggling to pick three of these guys) are Trout (1), JUpton (3), Goldschmidt (5), or Segura (last round). I still have to figure out which three to pick. So, essentially, my first, third, fifth, and last round picks are off limits.

A guy in my league has announced he is in full on sell mode. Kershaw, Wainwright, Price, and Votto are for sale. However, he is looking for draft picks next year.

My team, imo, needs more pitching. Cain, Dickey, Greinke...all are under performing right now. My offense seems to be pretty good.

Do you think I should look to acquire any of the players he's looking to move? Kershaw would obviously be my first choice, but who would you rather have after that, Wainwright or Price?

What kind of picks should I realistically look to move for either of them? Would you look to move Taveras and a pick for one of his players? Taveras was picked in round 21 of 24. Since he probably won't be a keeper for me wouldn't he be a great trading chip for me? He should hold a lot of value.

Maybe Taveras+ (which round draft pick?) for one of Kershaw/Wainwright/Price/Votto.

I've never traded picks before, so I need Razzball's brain trust to help me on this. Thanks!

C - Devin Mesoraco
1B - Mike Napoli, Justin Morneau, Lucas Duda
2B - Neil Walker, Arismendy Alcantara
3B - Todd Frazier, Nolan Arenado
SS - Elvis Andrus
OF - Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton, Adam Jones, Khris Davis, Alex Gordon

NA - Byron Buxton, Andrew Heaney

DL - Paul Goldschmidt, Joey Votto

SP - Chris Sale, Max Scherzer, Alex Cobb, Cole Hamels, Sonny Gray, Collin McHugh, Jake Odorizzi
RP - Santiago Casilla, Fernando Rodney, Jake McGee

Post subject: Re: Need Razzball's brain trust help - TRADING DRAFT PICKS
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:14 pm 

Are you in it to win now? If so then yeah this is an easy thing to do. Would even consider dealing a couple picks and get both Wainwright and Kersahw if that is possible. I would probably try and offer like a 6th round pick for one or a 6th and 7th for both. Probably won't happen but maybe a solid first offer (with Teveras in the deal).

If you don't have a chance to win then I am not sure this is a good move but if you want one then go after Kersaw and again would be fine dealing a 6th round pick or close to that.

Personally Segura isn't a keeper. Maybe if he keeps this up all year I would consider it but I would rather have the first three guys regardless of draft picks.