McCann vs. Buck

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?

McCann vs. Buck

Postby TheLooch » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:17 pm

I have Buck as my backup to Salvador Perez in a 10 team H-2-H points league. McCann is on my DL. Should I drop Buck once McCann is activated?

Re: McCann vs. Buck

Postby Mauddib » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:26 pm

Not of Buck is still hot.

JD, the Hockey Man

Re: McCann vs. Buck

Postby JD, the Hockey Man » Wed May 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Firstly, don't hold two catchers. You don't need a backup catcher; your backups live on the wire. The only time you should have two catchers is a two catcher league. Drop Buck, Popiel Perez and hope for the best.

With that all being said... If your league allows you to keep guys on the DL after they've been activated, but won't allow you to make a move until you fix the problem (like Yahoo), leave McCann on your DL. You can give him a test run for as long as you can go without the need to make a move and if he bombs you can just drop him directly from the DL without affecting your roster otherwise. If it happens that he's smoking the ball and you feel like you should even abandon Perez for McCann (I don't know why on earth you would do this outside of an injury to Perez) then you make that move. Either way, McCann is a big question mark and, in many ways, set to fail this season... so don't go dropping Perez for him without a decent sample size of action from McCann and some seriously horrible play from Perez in that span.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”