C Russell Martin
1B Justin Morneau
2B Jerry Hairston Jr.
3B Evan Longoria
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Torii Hunter/Justin Upton/Shin-Soo Choo
Util Carlos Peña/Adrián Béltre
BN Bobby Abreu/Brandon Phillips

I'm leaving a lot of numbers on the bench by not playing Abreu. He actually remembers how to hit dingers too now. Should i get him in the lineup? I just don't know where to slot him in. I've been rotating my last utility spot between Beltre and Abreu. I like keeping Choo in the lineup, as he's been very consistent and got REAL hot last week, plus can contribute to all 5 categories, but Beltre has a higher ceiling. Any suggestions?

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
OF- M.Trout (K+1)/ J.Upton/ B.Moss
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

SP- H.Bailey/ J.Masterson/ F.Liriano/ A.Sanchez/ N.Eovaldi/ H.Iwakuma /I.Kennedy/ C.Kluber/ D.Hutchinson
RP- H.Street/ F.Rodney/ G.Perkins/ M.Lindstrom

DL- T.Walker

Post subject: Re: Bobby Abreu
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:03 pm 

the mexicutioner wrote:
My team:

C Russell Martin
1B Justin Morneau
2B Jerry Hairston Jr.
3B Evan Longoria
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Torii Hunter/Justin Upton/Shin-Soo Choo
Util Carlos Peña/Adrián Béltre
BN Bobby Abreu/Brandon Phillips

I'm leaving a lot of numbers on the bench by not playing Abreu. He actually remembers how to hit dingers too now. Should i get him in the lineup? I just don't know where to slot him in. I've been rotating my last utility spot between Beltre and Abreu. I like keeping Choo in the lineup, as he's been very consistent and got REAL hot last week, plus can contribute to all 5 categories, but Beltre has a higher ceiling. Any suggestions?

I'd bench Beltre on most days, but this is more of a day to day move. Sometimes I'd play Beltre. You really should move excess hitters for pitchers.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:02 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I understand what you're saying, sorta, but I only have one extra bat on my bench: Abreu or Beltre. I am only playing Hairston until I know the severity of Phillips' injury. My pitching staff is:

SP Jake Peavy/Adam Wainwright/Justin Verlander/ Jered Weaver/Chris Volstad/ Jair Jurrjens/ Edwin Jackson
RP Joe Nathan/Brian Fuentes/Scott Downs/Brandon Morrow/Brian Wilson

I am currently leading (killing) my league in almost every pitching stats (minus wins/loses):

ERA: 3.21 Whip: 1.18 Sv: 37 K: 414 W:29 L:25

I know that these numbers will probably won't stay this awesome, but I'm thinking "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

My bats are also tops in most categories, except Sb's, though I'm still ok there (48).

I have 12 batters, 12 pitchers (7 starters, 5 relief pitchers). I guess I am a bit confused as to what you are suggesting, but I am definitely open to suggestion. Are you saying that I should trade away some of the quality of my bats for a better quality of pitching?

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

SP- H.Bailey/ J.Masterson/ F.Liriano/ A.Sanchez/ N.Eovaldi/ H.Iwakuma /I.Kennedy/ C.Kluber/ D.Hutchinson

DL- T.Walker

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:16 pm 

the mexicutioner wrote:
I understand what you're saying, sorta, but I only have one extra bat on my bench: Abreu or Beltre. I am only playing Hairston until I know the severity of Phillips' injury. My pitching staff is:

SP Jake Peavy/Adam Wainwright/Justin Verlander/ Jered Weaver/Chris Volstad/ Jair Jurrjens/ Edwin Jackson
RP Joe Nathan/Brian Fuentes/Scott Downs/Brandon Morrow/Brian Wilson

I am currently leading (killing) my league in almost every pitching stats (minus wins/loses):

ERA: 3.21 Whip: 1.18 Sv: 37 K: 414 W:29 L:25

I know that these numbers will probably won't stay this awesome, but I'm thinking "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

My bats are also tops in most categories, except Sb's, though I'm still ok there (48).

I have 12 batters, 12 pitchers (7 starters, 5 relief pitchers). I guess I am a bit confused as to what you are suggesting, but I am definitely open to suggestion. Are you saying that I should trade away some of the quality of my bats for a better quality of pitching?

I didn't know your pitching situation, so now seeing it, I wouldn't change a thing right now. I'm just concerned about Phillips hairline fracture so since I saw him on your bench I thought you might've been too stacked on the bench.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:06 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

do i start hariston jr over abreu or beltre right now? hairston is ranked 30th on the month and 20th on the week. abreu and beltre's recent numbers don't compare. i'm starting to wonder if i need to hold on to this guy for a little bit. i remember him getting real hot last year too before an injury or something. can be pretty much started anywhere except pitcher or catcher too. am i wrong here?

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

DL- T.Walker

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:41 pm 

No, Hairston's the hot guy. Always play the hot guy.