It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Anthony Rendon being called up...who to drop?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:51 pm 

Ryan Zimmerman is going on the 15-day DL. Maybe he'll be there even longer.

Anyway, Anthony Rendon will likely be sent back down when Zimmer is back...but...there is always that chance that I might catch lightning in a bottle...

...I have pitchers to drop...but am considering dropping Youkilis for Rendon is my Utility bat...Youkilis is slowing down after a fast start...just a bit...he left today's game with back tightness and is taking the day off tomorrow.

I wouldn't mind keep the likes of Hammel, Billingsley, Quintana, Henderson, Cingrani...there is not much pitching on my wire...

...drop Youkilis for Rendon?

C - empty (will pick up a hot catcher when ready)
1B - E. Hosmer
2B - J. Kipnis
SS - T. Tulowitzki
3B - A. Beltre
OF - M. Trout, A. McCutchen, J. Upton
UTIL - G. Stanton, A. Rizzo, B. Harper, empty slot

PITCHERS: SP - S. Strasburg, A. Wainwright, G. Gonzalez, H. Iwakuma, S. Miller, K. Medlen, H. Ryu, M. Garza, A. Cobb, H. Bailey, R. Porcello, M. Estrada, W. Peralta, S. Gray, E. Ramirez
RP - A. Chapman, A. Reed, J. Benoit
N/A slot: M. Pineda. DL - C. Maybin, M. Moore

Post subject: Re: Anthony Rendon being called up...who to drop?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:02 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Is Jaime Garcia on your team still? I would maybe consider him. For a 10-team league, I would think that you could have some luck at streaming some guys from the waiver wire. But maybe you have big benches in your league so there's not much there.

I would take a chance on Rendon, but probably drop a SP that you have. Youkilis hits in a nice spot in the lineup and at a hitter's ball park. I think he still has a little greek magic left in him for this year. Which is why I'd rather drop a SP for Rendon. SP is so deep. You already have a good staff too.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:43 pm 

Yep I kept Garcia...he pitched really well in his other games...I dropped Quintana...just picked him up the other day...can still pick him up if he clears waivers (he should)...Quintana had a dud to start the season...someone would have likely picked up Cingrani if I dropped him...

...Rendon could very likely be done, as in back to the minors, when Zimmerman gets back...but I would regret it if he took off for some reason and I didn't snag him...gotta take some chances...not comparing Rendon to Harper or Trout, but I stashed both of those guys last year and they got called up early on the same day, and look how that turned out. ;o)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:58 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Yeah, I missed Quintana on your post and looked at your signature. I would've done the same as you. SP is so deep and with the stream-o-nator you can manage to pick someone up with a good matchup that would equal Quintana's value. I like taking chances on young guys if I have bench room, in case they bust out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:55 am 

as you alluded to earlier...you are correct...with 29 rostered players the pitcher benches are pretty large in this league...I have some steady guys...some with upside...Grey said buy Cingrani, Billingsley, Quintana in one of latests posts...2 out of 3 ain't bad (and I already had Cingrani and Billingsley)...I still have Marcum back soon, who's no stud and is injury prone but he can get rolling too...

...your comments at least gave me the "balls" to take another chance...one can get too comfortable with a hitting lineup and focus too much on pitching, especially in my league...hopefully Rendon flies...but if not...it's just another bench spot..

...thanks for your help