Hello Grey, fellow Razzballers, and my spying league mates (I know who you are!):
On the second team below (the one with the 1300-inning cap), I find myself very thin at 2B/SS (no M.I. slot, just 2B and SS)and with too many RPs (saves are very highly valued in this league and I've had success in the past grabbing would-be closers and if they start getting saves trading an extra closer later for a bat or SP I need later on). I also lost Greinke, so I'm worried about starting pitching.
OK, my questions:
1) I have too few hitters as a result of carrying so many relievers. Seems like I could drop 1 or 2 of these RPs, maybe upgrading in one case to a reliever on wavers (Mujica, Pestano, Melancon -- I'm assuming Mujica's the guy to target there) and a hitter. Which 1, 2, or maybe even 3 RPs would you suggest dropping? And would you upgrade with Mujica, Pestano, or Melancon for one of them?
2) Does the 2B/SS situation seem worrisome to you? Now with Espinosa out a few days, especially, seems like I could use an extra bat between those two positions. But there's not much on waivers (assuming I end up with the extra roster spot after Question 1). Here are the possibilities: Sogard, Valdespin, Izturis, Tyler Green, Getz, Ellis, Brandon Crawford, Cozart. Are any an upgrade over Bonifacio at 2B, Rutledge at SS, and Espinosa back later in the week?
3) If none of the 2B/SS options are worthwhile, is picking up an extra bat irregardless of position a good idea? Options: M. Adams, Nava, Schilerholtz, Venable, Josh Donaldson, Yadier Alonso.
4) Or could I just keep an "open" roster spot to stream pitchers or hitters as needed?
4) SPs on waivers include Capuano, Bud Norris, Villanueva. Are any an upgrade over what I've got here?
5) Any general advice?
Many thanks, Grey, everyone else! I appreciate the advice.
14-team 6x6 (incl. holds) mixed roto, 1350-inning limit, 25-man roster, 2 keepers from 5th round or later
C Victor Martinez
1B Billy Butler
1B/OF Adrian Gonzales, Chris Carter
2B Aaron Hill
2B/OF Emilio Bonifacio
2B/SS Josh Rutledge
3B Miguel Cabrera
3B/SS Eduardo Nuñez
OF Adam Jones, Shin-Soo Choo, Hunter Pence, Ben Revere
SP Max Scherzer, Kris Medlen, Jonathon Niese, Matt Moore, Tommy Milone, Chad Billingsley
SP/RP Andrew Cashner
RP Joe Nathan, Greg Holland, Luke Gregerson, Al Alburquerque, Trevor Rosenthal
DL Brandon Beachy, Michael Saunders
14-team 6x5 mixed roto, 1300-inning limit, 22-man roster, redraft
C Salvador Perez
1B Ike Davis
1B/3B/OF Todd Frazier
2B/OF Emilio Bonifacio
2B/SS Josh Rutledge, Danny Espinosa
3B Evan Longoria
OF Justin Upton, Jacoby Ellsbury, Shin-Soo Choo, Starling Marte
SP Max Scherzer, Jonathon Niese, Tommy Milone, AJ Griffin, Chad Billingsley
RP Rafael Soriano, Glen Perkins, Jose Veras, Joaquin Benoit, Luke Gregerson, Edward Mujica
DL Zach Greinke