It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: What would you do with this team?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:03 pm 

Hi guys, first post, and first year doing fantasy baseball. This site has been my only baseball guidance since agreeing to join my friend's yahoo league which has 12 people, head to head, with a lot of categories including holds, extra base hits, errors, (both) strikeouts, complete games, no hitters, and other fluff stuff that i'm not that in to and seem to just pad the stats of a good day.

After saying that, you'll notice many of the buzz players from this site on my roster. I just don't know where to go from here and how to steer this thing. I began the year with Emilio Bonifacio as my only bench player but over the weekend dropped him to try to win a pitching category.

What would you guys do with this team? I have a ton of starters as you can see, we can play SP,SP,RP,RP,P,P,P every day. Do I for sure need at least one bench bat for off days or just aim for averages and hope to come through on a few of the 'sum' categories. There are also negative hitters categories like K's and errors which I may avoid by not playing every day.

My main problem as a novice is dealing with my perceived value of my pitchers, because due to the information I'm gaining from this great resource I'd feel bad dropping any of my starters, but I don't think I can just convince people in league that my guys are great in a trade. My thought is to bide my time for now and wait for an opportunity to get a buy low sell high package, maybe Elvis Andrus and a SP like Ryu for a SS like Starlin Castro?

Thanks to Grey et al. for the great site, and to the rest of the community, good group.

OF - Carlos Gonzalez, Justin Upton, Adrian Gonzalez
1B - Paul Goldschmidt
2B - Josh Rutledge
3B - Todd Fraizer
SS - Elvis Andrus
C - J.P. Arencibia
UTIL - Ike Davis
SP - Madison Bumgarner, Matt Moore,Jake Peavy , Tommy Milone, Homer Bailey, Jerome Williams, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Shelby Miller, Beachy DL
RP - Aroldis Chapman,Joe Smith, Steve Delabar

Post subject: Re: What would you do with this team?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:38 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Well I think I would win with that team, as can you. I wouldn't worry too much about having any bench bats, but what likely happens is a batter gets mildly hurt or you need a hot schmotato for a category some week - giving you an extra batter. I would use the Al-Al and Herrera spots for those injury fill-ins, cat helpers as needed. I would aim to keep no bench bats around when team is ticking along fine.

Post subject: Re: What would you do with this team?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:31 am 

Thanks for the reassurance Carl. I also borrowed from your much cleaner signature design.

For now I'll likely sit on what I have barring any injuries.

OF - Carlos Gonzalez, Justin Upton, Adrian Gonzalez
1B - Paul Goldschmidt
2B - Josh Rutledge
3B - Todd Fraizer
SS - Elvis Andrus
C - J.P. Arencibia
UTIL - Ike Davis
SP - Madison Bumgarner, Matt Moore,Jake Peavy , Tommy Milone, Homer Bailey, Jerome Williams, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Shelby Miller, Beachy DL
RP - Aroldis Chapman,Joe Smith, Steve Delabar