ARAM help

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?

ARAM help

Postby thefounteeners » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:26 pm

My team has been bitten by the injury bug early with Ludwick going down on day one and ARAM re-injuring the knee tonight. He is scheduled for an MRI tomorrow and based on what I am reading will likely be on the shelf for at least 15 days if not longer...unfortunately 3B was the one position I could not afford to lose without a backup and with limited waiver wire options. My choice at this point is pick someone up off of waivers who is serviceable or try and make a trade. Waiver options are:

Josh Donaldson
Chris Johnson
Juan Francisco
Placido Polanco

Of those four Johnson seems like the best option but if Ramirez is out an extended period of time it could be tough sledding with him unless he wins the job outright.

Trade targets would be Todd Frazier or Will Middlebrooks both of which I like. The challenge is what do I give up for them. Most obvious choice is 1-2 closers but not sure if that will get the deal done. Next option is to think about moving Hosmer but I am reluctant to do so. Pretty stuck so any ideas would help.
C: Rosario
C: Martin
1b: Goldschmidt
2b: Infante
SS: Segura
3b: Ramirez, Ar
MI: Simmons
CO: Freeman
OF: McCutchen, Adam Jones, Aoki, Cuddyer, Hunter Pence
UT: Arenado, David Murphy
Bench: Ramos, Rendon, Duda, Rutledge, Johnson, C

SP: Wainwright, Scherzer, Samardzija, Niese, Burnett, Maholm, Gee, Doubront, Gerrit Cole, Cingrani, Volquez, Wacha, Gausman
RP: Wilhelmsen / Holland

12 Team roto league standard categories with IP replacing K's. FA acquisitions limited to 10 pickups (3 remaining) all season.

Re: ARAM help

Postby Mauddib » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:12 am

Johnson would be the short term option.

As for trades, what does the owners of those two players need? He isn't likely to accept unless the deal helps him as well so you can't just look at your team and what you want to give up. Maybe they are short on RP and it would be a perfect fit.

Re: ARAM help

Postby Bourne » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:39 am

Segura also might have value with a closer

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”