Paul Konerko

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Paul Konerko

Postby peter » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:34 am

A DL'd Konerko and his .215 avg were waived the other day.

My waiver priority is 7 (out of 12) in this league. So while I might not be able to get him, I'm not exactly sacrificing a high priority # in giving it a shot.

The only guys I can really drop right now are Troy Glaus or Greg Smith (SP). I'm hesitant to drop Smith for a position player, only because I'm short SP until the all star break.

- should I forget picking up another guy currently on the DL (I've already got 4) and just wait and see how his rehab goes if he clears waivers? (I have a deep enough bench that I'd still be able to field a full team, it would just mean starting Francoeur & Fukudome everyday)
- would you rather have Glaus or Konerko for the rest of the season (position is irrelevant)?

p0rk burn
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Re: Paul Konerko

Postby p0rk burn » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:13 am

Konerko cleared waivers in one of my ten person leagues, he should clear waivers in another league tomorrow. I don't think there's a huge demand for him. He has the better upside but I think Glaus has a good shot at outperforming him. Glaus seems to be healthy for the first time in a while. Obliques might not heal as fast Konerko hopes.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”