The league is 11-Team Roto 7x7 with H, OPS, K/BB, and QS added to the usual 5x5 stats. I had the 10th pick in our snake draft, and my team is in my signature. Here's my take on what I like and dislike about my team:
- Middle infield. With hits as a stat category, Altuve and Castro have more value than usual. Nabbing Rutledge as a backup in the 20th round was gravy
- SPs. Since we count K/BB and QS, Cliff Lee was the #7 pitcher in our league last year, even with 6 wins. So he's got #1 overall potential in our league, so I was happy to grab him at pick #35. Grabbing Greinke in the 6th round with pick #57 was probably overkill, but it looked like a value I couldn't afford to pass up. I'm willing to bet on at least a partial Halladay bounceback, and with Estrada, Niese, and Hughes, I'm happy with the depth of my SPs.
- Well-rounded Speed. With Choo, Aoki, Castro, and Rutledge, I've got four guys who can get 20+ SBs while still giving me an OPS of .750 or higher. Altuve, Marte, and Ichiro are more likely to be in the .700-.740 range, but they've all got a better chance of getting ~30 SBs.
- Power. After I grabbed Fielder and Stanton with my first two picks, I eased up too much on targeting HR/RBI/OPS heavyweights. In hindsight, I definitely should've snagged Goldschmidt in the 6th round instead of Greinke, but at the time I was thinking I needed to fill my Util spots with speed. Grabbing Pence in the 13th round helped, but I still think I'm weak here.
- Health. Sandoval's got bone spurs, Choo has back spasms, Halladay's velocity isn't back yet, Greinke has elbow soreness, Hughes has a bulging disc, Perez has shoulder issues. The season hasn't started yet, and I'm already getting agita from seeing my players' health problems posted at rotoworld.
Any thoughts/reactions/suggestions are welcome! Once Beachy gets placed on the DL, I'll have room to pick up at least one more player. Available options include Reynolds, Ludwick, Viciedo, Wallace, Puig, and Alonso for hitters, and Gee, Hanson, Tillman, and Veras for pitchers.
11-Team Roto, 7x7 (5x5 + H,OPS,K/BB,QS)
C: Salvador Perez
1B: Prince Fielder
2B: Jose Altuve
SS: Nick Franklin
3B: Ryan Zimmerman
OF: Starling Marte
OF: Shin-Soo Choo
OF: Domonic Brown
UT: Paul Goldschmidt
UT: Giancarlo Stanton
BN: Starlin Castro, Manny Machado, Leonys Martin, Yoenis Cespedes
SP: Cliff Lee
RP: Joe Nathan
P: Greg Holland
P: Chris Perez
P: Bobby Parnell
P: Edward Mujica
P: Jeff Samardzija
P: Kris Medlen
BN: Francisco Liriano, Rick Porcello, Erasmo Ramirez
DL: Brandon Beachy
DL: Michael Pineda
Last edited by Dingbat on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.