D'Arnaud in the hole... Who to fill in the mean time

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?

D'Arnaud in the hole... Who to fill in the mean time

Postby HipHip » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:32 pm

So I have Travis D'Arnaud in our keeper league undrafted so there was no reason not to keep him. While there isn't a ton of value at catcher, I obviously need one since the Mets plan on sending him down to AAA ball for a few weeks/months.

Posey, Santana, Mauer, Perez, Rosario, Montero, and Molina are all being kept.

Top value not being kept includes Wieters and V-Mart.

Question is, should I use my first pick (5th round) on a Wieters or V-Mart and have them and use D'Arnaud as trade bait or should I just wait it out for later rounds and snag a low value catcher like Arencibia, Avila, or Iannetta to fill the hole until Travis gets the call?

Other possible options in the 5th round would be a Josh Rutledge, Mo, Kendry, etc... nothing great except for Rutledge, but theres a good chance he'll be gone by then.

12 person league, very deep, and all owners have solid baseball knowledge.
12 team mixed H2H league. 4th season of keepers. Points- R, HR, RBI, NSB, K, SLG, OPS... W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, QS

Tenative Team:

C- Travis D'Arnaud
3b- Nick Castellanos
OF- Rusney Castillo
OF- Jay Bruce
OF- George Springer

SP- Kluber, Gio, Iwakuma, Paxton, Bauer, Gausman, Yordano, Syndeggard
RP- Chapman

Re: D'Arnaud in the hole... Who to fill in the mean time

Postby Mauddib » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:20 am

I was first going to tell you to wait on catchers but there doesn't seem to be much available and they would be the best value on the board. So I think I would go after one of them.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”