How about these apples?

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
BigAhnold

How about these apples?

Postby BigAhnold » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:54 pm

10 team, roto, 5x5, snake redraft. Picked 4th.

C Iannetta
C Arencibia
1b Goldschmidt
2b Phillips
ss Rollins
3b Longoria
mi Espinosa
ci Seager
of Trout
of Adam Jones
of Holliday
of Hunter Pence
of Bonifacio
ut Aoki

bn: Ortiz, Gyorko, Marte, Chris Carter, Kelly Johnson

p Grienke
p Zimmerman
p Matt Moore
p Niese
p Homer Bailey
p Lester
p Papelbon
p Greg Holland
p Cishek

bn Beachy, Phil Hughes

Might be light at the start of the year on pitching - but I love the hitters.

1) How's it look?

2) Would you explore trades for Ortiz for a low level solid pitcher, say at a level of Alex Cobb?

(3) Or would you consider dropping Carter for a pitcher? I worry about not having a 1B backup should something happen to Goldschmidt. But there were several 1Bs left - Carlos Pena, Yonder Alonso, etc. if disaster strikes.

Thanks!

BigA
NL only, 5x5, 10 team, Roto, keeper
2015 League Champion
C Pierzynski C TBrown, 1B CJohnson, 2B SGennett, SS Cozart, 3B KBryant, MI DDietrich, CI Wright, OF SMarte, OF Holliday, OF Heyward, OF Yelich, OF Soler UT Raburn BN: DGordon, CRobinson, Ahmed
P Bumgarner, P GCole, P AWood, P Hendricks, P TLyons, P Caminero, P Siegrist, P Melancon, P Casilla BN: Osich, PBaez, Stripling
DL: McCarthy, YGarcia, Hundley
Farm: Trea Turner, Winker. Tapia, BRodgers

AL only, 4x4, 10 team, Roto, keeper
2015 League Champion
C Iannetta, C CPerez, 1B Pujols, 2B Kipnis, SS Holt, 3B Longoria, MI Odor, CI Alonso, OF BBurns, OF LMartin, OF Dickerson, OF Souza, OF HRamirez, UT VMartinez
P Tanaka, P Pineda, P Verlander, P Fiers, P IKennedy, P O'Day, P Salas, P Porcello, P DRobertson
DL: Bird, Canha, Kela
Minors: Hahn

AL+NL, 5x5, 12 team, Roto, Redraft
C DNorris C JCastro 1B Santana 2B SCastro SS CSeager 3B Machado MI Schoop CI Lawrie OF KDavis OF WMyers OF SMarte OF HRamirez OF JUpton UT PFielder BN: MMontero, Semien, AJReed
P JFernandez P deGrom P DSalazar P Karns P Rodon P Nola P Jepsen P Tolleson P Kimbrel BN: TRoss, TMay, BSnell, PHughes
DL ERodriguez

Mauddib

Re: How about these apples?

Postby Mauddib » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:04 pm

Team looks pretty solid including the pitchers. Or assuming that Greinke is fine it will be solid.

If you can deal Ortiz, I would consider it. Depends on what you can get for him. I just don't think he will bring you much.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”