Mid Draft Help

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?

Mid Draft Help

Postby buckfever1974 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:44 am

H-2-H Points League. 9 hitters, 5 starters and revliever in active line-up. 7 bench spots and 2 DL spots
(Note: if you draft an injured player, he goes on your bench until draft is over and then he can be DL'd and another player can be picked up)

Current Team:
C -
1B -
2B - Ben Zobrist
SS - Troy Tolowitski
3B - Miguel Cabrera
OF - Matt Holliday
OF - Jayson Heyward
OF - Shin-Soo Choo
DH -

SP - Adam Waignright
SP - Matt Latos
SP - Matt Moore
SP - Anibal Sanchez
SP - Marco Estrada
RP -

Draft is in Round 12 and I pick at the top so I get two guys...

1B Available - Hosmer, Howard, Morneau, Konerko, LaRoche, Dunn, Youkilis, Berkman
OF Available - Granderson, BJ Upton, Austin Jackson, Victorino, Aoki, Beltran and everyone that comes below basically
SP Available that I have ranked - Bailey, Lincecum, Beckett, Cobb, Anderson, Harrison, Cahill, Dempster, Hughes, Fiers, Griffen, Malone

Thought #1 - I'd like to get a bat that can provide those big weeks at either 1B or the OF/DH spot. I had originally been thinking of drafting Hosmer and Howard and if I needed t, later on, grab another bat

Thought #2 - Grab Granderson. and a 1B

Thought #3 - Although there are alot of hitters left, because I stream 2 start pitchers in a points league, grab 1 or 2 more.

H2H Points League

C - Lucroy
1B - Encarnacion
2B - Devon Travis/Dustin Pedroia (DL)
SS - Peralta
3B - Arenado
OF - Betts
OF - Gomez
OF - J. Upton
DH - D. Span/Reddick/Moreland/Dickerson(DL)

SP - Sale, Scherzer, Richards, Liriano, Lynn
RP - Familia

Bench SPs - T. Ross, Hammel, T. Walker, Ed. Rodriguez, Graveman & D. Fister

Re: Mid Draft Help

Postby Mauddib » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:14 am

i think I would go SP. Between Baily, Lincecum and Anderson. Lincecum has the most upside if he has figured things out and I would probably take a flyer on him. Baily would be my second choice.

For hitters i would lean towards Hosmer or Jackson. Both have good upside.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”