It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Choo vs. Hamels
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:58 am 

5 player keeper league, 10 teams, standard positions (c, 1b, 2b, 3b, 3 OF, Ut)
1300 inning max
Any 5 kept, no round/# of years restrictions

First 4: Cano, Posey, McCutchen, Fielder

Options for 5th: Hamels, EncarNASTYon, Choo, Bumgarner

Since were essentially staring the draft in the 6th round, certain postions will be pretty thin. Encarnacion is best player, but I already have fielder. On the other hand, a possible 40 homers from my utility spot is kinda nice too. I could go with either Hamels or Bum, basicly the same guy. Choo is the dark horse. There won't be many outfielders avaible, and I'm not really sure Choo's going to make it to me in the first. He'll prolly be the 2nd best outfielder avaible to start the draft.

My intial feeling was to go with Hamels, but i'm thinking if i keep Choo or Encarnacion, i could just take the best 2 pitchers with my first 2 picks and then forget about pitching till later on.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Choo vs. Hamels
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:45 am 

I think I would keep EE. Choo just doesn't make the cut here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:55 pm 

Thanks... And who are you? I see you answer a lot of posts, but no articles. Are you Grey's new intern? i'd like to see some credentials before I head the advice of a total stanger. I just want to make sure your not one of those chodes who spend all morning on their moms couch all day, commenting on everybody's post. There's wayyyyy too many people on here that think thAt just cuz they're in a lot of leagues and they read this site theyre fantasy sharks, when they're just shark food.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:27 pm 

I would go with Hamels. I think he is a step up from Bumgarner. I'm not sold on Encarnacion repeating 2012 and Choo has a fair amount of injury risk. You have a great offensive core ... I would go with Hamels and then grab the best bats available with your first couple picks of the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:38 am 

Bleeds_blue46 wrote:
Thanks... And who are you? I see you answer a lot of posts, but no articles. Are you Grey's new intern? i'd like to see some credentials before I head the advice of a total stanger. I just want to make sure your not one of those chodes who spend all morning on their moms couch all day, commenting on everybody's post. There's wayyyyy too many people on here that think thAt just cuz they're in a lot of leagues and they read this site theyre fantasy sharks, when they're just shark food.

Credentials? lol
All you have to do is read 4 or 5 posts of a poster, to know their credentials.

FWIW, MAUD is a top guy at FBC.

I would keep EE. Power is the toughest thing to find.
Hamels i wouldn't argue against, Choo isn't close.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:45 am 

I'd take a look at other teams, personally...if there are a lot of teams that have no-brainer SP keepers, let Hamels go and keep EE. I'm assuming it's 5x5?

If a lot of teams might be loading up on bats and there'll be a run on SPs in the first round, then gauge who you might land, and think whether you'd rather have EE + whatever SP or Hamels + best available player.

Check my credentials though....

SS/2B/MI: Kinsler/E-Cab/Semien
LF/CF/RF/OFx2: Trout/Choo/Braun/Yelich/Avisail Garcia
UTILx2: Leonys Martin, Todd Frazier
Bench: Schoop, Ozuna, Choice
SP: Hamels, Greinke, Minor, Shields, Samardzjia, Salazar, Ryu, Skaggs, Paxton, Alex Wood
RP: Farquhar, Clippard, Bastardo, Alburquerque, Wilson, K-Rod
DL: Derek Holland
Minors: Bryant (CHC), Davidson (CHI), Cecchini (BOS), Hanson (PIT), Odor (TEX), N. Williams (TEX), Heaney (MIA), Shipley (ARI)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:12 am 

hahaha ... so THATS how you get people to comment. I appreciate the advice, and no offense Mauddib, my fantasy ego gets the best of me sometimes. Its a tough call, but being as my hitting is starting out as the best, i'll be taking the top 2 pitchers available with the wrap around. I'm hoping Bum and Greinke (as long as tomorrow goes fine) both make back to me. Myabe Matt moore in that spot too, but I really don't want have to lean on him that much. Then no sure where to go from there. Outfielder? Maybe reach on Brett Lawrie? If i can't get a solid bat, might take the plunge with Chapman. With the inning limit in my league, a guys k/9 means a lot. Match him up with Medlin and those extra k's turn him into a top 15 guy.

My general team building philosophy is always have 2 great Outfielders, 2 Aces, and cross your fingers with the Infielders. This team is kinda going the opposite of that. Great infielders, no aces to start, 1 great outfielder.

Anybody have faith in Elvis gettin to 40 steals this year? I can put up with his ops and homers with this squad as long as he makes an impact in steals. How about Bourne? Haven't done my research, but i have a feeling the new manager, Whats-his-nose, will green light him like he used to with ellsbury.