5x5 H2H moving to 6x6 - What's the impact?

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?

5x5 H2H moving to 6x6 - What's the impact?

Postby jaydub8 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:51 pm

Standard 5x5 H2H is adding OPS on offense & losses for Pitchers.

I'm thinking it skews even more towards sluggers who hit for average and make guys like Reynolds or light hitting speedsters less valuable.

Re: pitchers, I think it makes streaming less of a viable option ...and maybe puts a bit more a premium on stud pitchers on good teams?

Any other thoughts? Am I missing anything? Or am I completely wrong?Thanks!

Re: 5x5 H2H moving to 6x6 - What's the impact?

Postby Mauddib » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:58 am

For hitters I don't think it changes things all that much. There are some hitters who don't have great avg but have decent OBP because they can talk a walk. It does make a weak hitting speed guy not help in another category.

For SP, losses are as hard to judge as wins. I agree it brings up the value of stud pitchers on good teams and hurts a guy like Felix just a little more. Except I probably wouldn't worry about it as much. Same goes for Streaming. I would probably still end up doing it, confident that they wouldn't get losses. Might not work out that way but that is what I would say to myself.

In the end, I don't think it changes rankings all that much. A few guys with great OBP numbers and stud pitchers on winning teams will get a bump but everyone else will be ranked similar to where they were ranked in a 5x5.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”