It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Draft done, let me know what you think 14 team 6x6
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:13 am 

First off this league is a little different. it's a keeper where each year you get to keep the following (2 hitters / 2 pitchers / 1 flex and one drafted after Rnd 10) You can trade anyone on your prior years roster up until the draft for other players or draft picks. there is no veto in this league and this is the 4th year.

it's a 6x6 with the following stats used:
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

here are my keepers:
Ryan Braun (Mil - OF)
Matt Kemp (LAD - OF)
Zack Greinke (LAD - SP)
Mike Minor (Atl - SP)
Prince Fielder (Det - 1B)
Eric Hosmer (KC - 1B) (Rnd 10+)

and here is the draft:

1. (25) Matt Wieters (Bal - C)
2. (32) Hunter Pence (SF - OF)
3. (53) Rickie Weeks (Mil - 2B)
4. (60) Rafael Soriano (Was - RP)
5. (81) Todd Frazier (Cin - 1B,3B,OF)
6. (88) Hyun-Jin Ryu (LAD - SP)
7. (109) Ryan Madson (LAA - RP)
8. (116) Mitchell Boggs (StL - RP)
9. (137) A.J. Griffin (Oak - SP)
10. (144) Joel Peralta (TB - RP)
11. (165) Andrelton Simmons (Atl - SS)
12. (172) Tommy Hanson (LAA - SP)
13. (193) David Hernández (Ari - RP)
14. (200) Antonio Bastardo (Phi - RP)
15. (221) Oscar Taveras (StL - OF)
16. (228) Eric Stults (SD - SP,RP)
17. (244) Francisco Liriano (Pit - SP,RP)
18. (249) Miguel González (Bal - SP)

my thoughts: I am well rounded on 4 areas for batting, maybe a little light on SB and AVG. I should win Holds / K / WHIP / ERA Most weeks with my RP's carrying me and streaming my SPer's. W's is always a toss up and i plan to play matchups with almost every pitcher.

let me know what you think.

Post subject: Re: Draft done, let me know what you think 14 team 6x6
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:31 am 

Love the SP plan. I am a big fan of streaming so hopefully this works out for you. I think holds is another category that will be up in the air week to week. I don't play hold leagues but last time I checked holds are like saves, each year the leaders are different then the year before.

You have a number of gambles that will probably dictate how your team is going to do. Simmons as your starting SS, Madson as a closer, Hanson as a SP. The last two are still working through injuries and Simmons still has a lot to prove.

Post subject: Re: Draft done, let me know what you think 14 team 6x6
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:47 am 

yeah with my RP's i went with high K guys that don't tend to get many blown up innings that can kill your ERA for the week (broxton, Soria, etc. etc.) I also went high upside where i could end up poaching a few Saves along the way and i really am relying on Madson to come back strong and be a closer if not i'll prob lose Saves most weeks. As for Simmons, i waited on SS thinking i'd get Rutledge and someone snagged him in the 6th round of the draft, way to soon for me, but after that it was slim pickings anyways so i waited figuring a guy that makes contact and is leading off for a team that boasts a 2/3/4 of Heyward/Upton/Freeman i'd have a good shot at some Runs and a decent OPS from a late SS grab. Maybe even a handful of Steals.

Hanson was a high reward / low risk pick as i'm again streaming my SPer's every chance i get. I figured where i got him and the other SPer's that were left he had a high ceiling vs them. Same went for Liriano in PIT and any SPer in SD, i wanted Cashner but he was taken to early by someone that read too many sleeper SPing articles so i went with a guy that seems to limit his baserunners and has a moderate K/9 of about 5.5 (Stults)