It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: next two picks...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:01 am 

10 team, H2H, Yahoo, 3 keeper

Below are my keepers - count as first 3 rounds draft picks. I am picking 10th - so I will have picks 40 and 41 and then 60 and 61. Starting to scope out players/positions to target at these spots given the 20 picks in between the 5th and 6th rounds.

1. M. Cabera (K)
2. M. Trout (K)
3. A. McCutchen (K)

For 40/41 picks - thinking intially of targeting Goldschmidt/AGon and Holliday/Bruce/Choo.

For 60/61 - thinking/hoping for Zobrist/Rollins/Desmond (thinking I can wait on Rutledge to fill either 2nd or ss) and Butler/Ike Davis/Craig.

My question to the board is - should I be targeting to take my first starter instead of the Butler/Davis pick? Last year I waited till 8/9th round to take first starter and hit the jackpot with all of Greys likes and FA pickups - Gio, Latos, Zimmermann, Dickey, etc. If I were to take a starter at pick 61 - would probabaly be in back-end of the "Like these guys; might draft one; don’t reach for multiple ones" and the start of the "You’re mine and we belong together" tier.

Let me know what you think about team construction and when to draft starters.

Thinking I can wait on Rutledge to fill either 2nd or ss. My

Post subject: Re: next two picks...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:29 am 

I think that is all solid. I am not sold on Goldy so I probably wouldn't take him at that spot but I know a lot of people really like him so I am not really going to quibble. I might look at SP at that Butler spot but only if a guy that should have been taken earlier is still there. While you should always have some sort of draft strategy, keep an eye on guys that fall further than they should and be willing to go outside of what your plan is.