Picking last in 10 team Y! 5 player keeper (5x5)

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
jaydub8

Picking last in 10 team Y! 5 player keeper (5x5)

Postby jaydub8 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:38 am

I'm keeping: Carlos Santana (C, 1B), Brett Lawrie (3B), Desmond Jennings (OF), Allen Craig (1B, OF) and Kris Medlen (SP,RP).

Picking 10th & 11th, I assume I'll have them follwing to choose from: Verlander, Kershaw, Tulo, Josh Hamilton, Felix Hernandez, Longoria, David Wright and J-Up.

I'm having a tough time deciding who to go w/, though I'm thinking Justin Upton as the 'safe' pick then going w/ 1 of Tulo, Longo or Hamilton....thoughts? Thanks fellas (and 3 female readers)!

Mauddib

Re: Picking last in 10 team Y! 5 player keeper (5x5)

Postby Mauddib » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:16 am

A great problem to have. Part of me would want to snag one of those pitchers but I am not sure I an really justify taking one of them over the likes of Tulo. I think I would grab Upton and Tulo and hope that both stay healthy and both get their careers back on track. Kind of a risky move considering how they have been the past few years but the upside is worth the risk.

jaydub8

Re: Picking last in 10 team Y! 5 player keeper (5x5)

Postby jaydub8 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:06 am

Thanks Maud....I just got an offer of David Price (would cost me #50 in the draft) in exchange for Santana (who will cost me #110 in the draft). Given that was thinking I'd want a pitcher at the 5/6 turn,I think this is kind of a no-brainer...

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”