It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 20 team dynasty League - 8th pick
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:00 pm 

So I picked the Pirates and so far kept McCutchen, Marte, Walker, Tabata, and Alvarez. The league has a salary cap, and after the league got filled up I am tempted to pay the price for Burnett and G. Jones due to the lack of solid players left and I will still have over a 100 million left. What are your thoughts on that?

In addition, the pool of players available for the draft will be from the Marlins, Giants, Phillies, Astros, Athletics, Yankees, Indians, Twins, and White Sox. I am assuming Stanton, Hamels, Cano, Posey will be gone, while others like Lee, Mauer, Sandoval, Cain might be as well. With the 8th pick, who do you think has the best value long term out of Cespedes, Bumgarner, Sale (very cheap contract), Sabathia, C. Santana,? (or others that you can recommend) I really appreciate any help I can get, thanks!

Post subject: Re: 20 team dynasty League - 8th pick
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:36 pm 

Assuming the prices are reasonable on Burnett and Jones, I am fine with that. Burnett should be a solid play again. Jones is ok so don't spend too much keeping him.

As for first pick, I would probably take Bumgarner. Cespedes is very close but you have no SP and I think in this deep of a league I would get that since you have power from Alveraz and McCutchen is a better version of Cespedes. As for Sale, I am just not sure he stays healthy. Not sure what makes me think this but he isn't one I will own because he goes higher than I think he should.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:59 pm 

So Bumgarner got taken, and possibly Cespedes (if not I will take him). Out of Zimmerman (14 mil contract) or Pablo (5.7 mil), who do you think is the better shout long term?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:25 pm 

I would probably gamble on Pablo staying healthy. Neither one has shown the ability to stay all that healthy so then I start looking at that contract on Zimmerman and I would go the cheaper route.