Salary help

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
l-askew-l

Salary help

Postby l-askew-l » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:53 pm

In a 12-team 5x5 AL-only keeper league, and I have a number of my keepers going into the last year of their contracts who will need to be resigned. In our league, we have the opportunity to resign a player once, and only once, prior to the last year of their contract, at a cost of $ 5 per additional year. I have the following players going into the last year, who will need to be resigned now or dropped after this season:
Perez KC $ 2
Hosmer KC $ 8
Jennings TB $ 8
Cain KC $ 7
Viciedo CHW $ 8
Reed CHW $ 3
I am planning on resigning Hosmer and Jennings for 2 more years, $ 18 for 3 years. And, resigning Perez, Cain, and Reed for 1 more year, $ 7, $ 12, and $ 8, respectively. And, letting Viciedo go after this year. Lawrie ($ 8), Trout ($ 8), and Anderson ($ 9) will likely be my other keepers, and do not need to be resigned.

I'm wondering if I should go 2 years for Perez and Reed, and, maybe, only 1 for Jennings, and none for Cain and Viciedo. Any advice?

Mauddib

Re: Salary help

Postby Mauddib » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:57 pm

2 years on Jennings and Perez. 1 year on Reed. None on Cain or Viciedo.

Jennings and Perez are solid hitters with big upside. I would buy into that upside.
Reed is a closer and I wouldn't get locked into him. Usually somewhat easy to replace.
Cain and Viciedo are replaceable and no need to keep.

l-askew-l

Re: Salary help

Postby l-askew-l » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:01 pm

Thanks, Mauddib!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”