It is currently Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 12-Team Points League Keeper Advice
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:18 pm 

We are allowed to keep 4 players from last year. The cap is 1550 points total scored last year and the players essentially work out to be your first 4 picks (the draft starts round 5 essentially). What are my best 4 keepers out of this group, with 2012 point totals in parentheses? Also, leagues scoring is below.

Right now, I am leaning toward keeping Fielder, Kinsler (position scarcity), Trout, and VMart (for a total of 1435 pts). I am intrigued by Stanton given that it is a keeper league, but his K's (-1 point each) and weak lineup scare me into thinking I should go with safer options. Also, I'm not sure if the potential change from ER from -1 point to -2 points make Craig Kimbrel more valuable since SP will lose some point value. I am thinking that since pitchers scored so much last year, not a ton will be kept as they will handcuff owners with their other 3 keepers (for example, Dickey who is on my roster, scored 736 points and I won't keep him due to only having 800 more points to spread out over the final 3 players), so I should be able to get some quality starters in the first couple 'actual' draft rounds.

Prince Fielder - 1B (500)
Ian Kinsler - 2B (436)
Adrian Beltre - 3B (501)
Mike Trout - OF (499)
Giancarlo Stanton - OF (349)
Edwin Encarnacion - 1B (509)
Victor Martinez - C (0)
Carl Crawford - OF (84)
Craig Kimbrel - RP (478)
Kris Medlen - RP/SP (451)

Batting
Singles (1B) 1
Doubles (2B) 2
Triples (3B) 3
Home Runs (HR) 4
Walks (BB) 1
Runs Scored (R) 1
Runs Batted In (RBI) 1
Stolen Bases (SB) 1
Strikeouts (K) -1
Caught Stealing (CS) -1

Pitching
Innings Pitched (IP) 3
Earned Runs (ER) -1 (Note: league is looking at making this -2 now, devaluing pitchers a bit)
Wins (W) 5
Losses (L) -3
Saves (SV) 5
Strikeouts (K) 1
Hits Allowed (H) -1
Walks Issued (BB) -1
Shutouts (SO) 5
Complete Games (CG) 5

Post subject: Re: 12-Team Points League Keeper Advice
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:35 pm 

I think I'd rather have Beltre than Kinsler. With steals being scored as low as they are, you might as well just forget about them. With that said, Mike Trout suddenly becomes far less valuable than he actually is. Stanton looks better than he actually is (with that scoring system), as he could give you 40+ HRs.

You're left with Victor Martinez and Carl Crawford. As I already said, I think steals are useless in your league, and god knows what you'll actually get from Crawford. So keep Martinez as your 4th.

Post subject: Re: 12-Team Points League Keeper Advice
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:37 pm 

I think I would switch Kinsler for Beltre. But I like your keepers outside of that change.