It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Pick 4 with 3 Keepers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:10 pm 

League Backround - Teams can keep 3 keepers - combo of 2/1 hitters to pitchers or 1/2 hitter to pitchers
Guys need to be drafted after rd 7 - and then you can keep for each for 3 years.

My keepers: Jose Bautista (last year) Starlin Castro
League Format: H2H - Weekly Lineup. Start 3 OF, 2 Pitchers, 1 Closer, 1 DH, and standard infield \
Other Draft fun facts: 2 extra picks rd 4 - trade some dudes last year when the ship was sinking! Damn you Jose, Votto, Longo, and Linecum! He who could get hurt did get hurt

Other Top Keepers from Greys top 20: Trout, Cargo, Adam Jones, Goldschimdt

So with my keepers do I take McCutchen @ 4 if he falls to me or am I better off with Cano. I think Cano and McCutchen will be there in my CBS league. Would you still take McCutchen with Jose B?

Also when you only need to pitchers should I bump up an aces value (Verlander) or aim for more mid tier high upside guys.

Post subject: Re: Pick 4 with 3 Keepers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:10 pm 

I think I would take McCutchen. I might be a little biased because I have owned McCutchen since his minor league days in my dynasty league but I just like his power speed combo and he can match Cano on pretty much every level.

As for SP, I don't think I would adjust much for them. I would still rather have a top hitter than a top SP.