"in a vaccuum"

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
LILBONEST

"in a vaccuum"

Postby LILBONEST » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:46 am

would you rather keep Pujols in the 1st or Trumbo in the 18th?

Mauddib

Re: "in a vaccuum"

Postby Mauddib » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:55 am

I would probably keep Pujols. It is great to have "good value" guys, players that would go much earlier in a draft than you get to keep them for. But when it comes to top 20 guys, I would try to keep them regardless of what draft pick you have to give up. These are the guys that would be hard to get back and hard to replace.

I do think Pujols is and will be declining although I think he will have a better year than he did last season. Last year was a such a wierd year for him. Pujols had never had a month like he did last year let alone the first couple months. So my money is that he will still be a top 15 player when it is all said and done. I would probably explore some trades though after the draft.

Trumbo just worries me. His second half was so vastly different from the first half and I am not sure which one I think he is more likely to be. If there is every a guy who I felt the league figured out how to pitch to, it is him. His K% jumped and his BB% dropped both fairly significantly. Some of which I would count off if his BABIP was off but it wasn't. So although an 18th round pick sounds great, I think I would pass and see what he does this year.

LILBONEST

Re: "in a vaccuum"

Postby LILBONEST » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:51 pm

thanks for the reply Maudib. Trumbo's 5, thats right 5! total hr's in august and september scares me as well. Im confident i can find a 20-25 hr/80 rbi guy in the 15th or later that could possibly replace trumbo's "value".

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”