It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Final Keeper Decisions
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:47 pm 

I'm keeping Kipnis, Hosmer, Dickey, Medlen, Goldy and Justin Upton. I'll also be promoting Harper and Rizzo.

I can keep two of the following:
CSantana ($16)
Mauer ($18)
AHill ($7)
AGordon ($15)

It's a two-catcher league with OBP instead of AVG. Right now I'm leaning towards Santana and Hill. I generally hate catchers, but Santana should be a decent value at 16 bucks. I could see Hill regressing, but I like the idea of having two 2Bs since 2B seems pretty awful. Gordon is tempting since it looks like about 25 of the top 40 OFs will be kept. Mauer is listed simply because his OBP could be huge. That Twins lineup could be terrible, though. Which two would you keep?

One more question: I can keep Goldy for two years at 10 bucks per season or three years at 12 bucks per season. Top ten 1Bs tend to go for big bucks, so I might want to go with three years. What do you think?

Thanks!

8 Team, 5x5 Keeper with OBP instead of AVG, 29 man rosters (2 C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, CI, MI, 5 OF, U, 9 P, 6 bench). 2012 salaries, +$3 to resign for 1 year, +$6 for 2 yrs, +8 for 3 yrs. Empty slots on roster because those guys had to go back to auction. I can keep 10 of the guys listed below.
C: Mauer ($15), CSantana ($13)
1B: Goldy ($4), Hosmer ($0), Rizzo ($0 for 2013)
2B: Hill ($4), Kipnis ($0)
SS: Hanley ($31)
OF: JUpton ($34 for 2 more years), Reddick ($3), Gordon ($12), Harper ($0 for 2013)
SP: Dickey ($3), Sale ($1), Medlen ($6)
RP: Nathan ($3)
8-Man Prospect Roster: Harper, Rizzo, Rendon, Lindor, Bogaerts, JFernandez, GSanchez, TWalker

Post subject: Re: Final Keeper Decisions
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:41 pm 

I think I agree across the board.

I would first keep Santana and Hill. Hill to me is the easy choice because of his price. Then it is between Gordon and Santana and I would probably lean toward Santana because it is a 2 catcher league. Mauer is easily the last one out of this group IMO.

I would also extend Goldy for 3 years. I think it is worth the $2 risk. I am not completely sold on the guy but I think he easily earns you $12.