It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Need some roster advice
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:08 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I need to make a couple lineup moves and need a push in the right direction... right now I'm hurting in both starting pitching and relief pitching and there are a few available free agents that I'm considering at this point. Basic H2H scoring w/ points slightly slanted towards pitchers, here is my roster:

C Pierzynski & Wieters
1 A. Gonzalez
2 Brian Roberts & Ian Stewart
SS Reyes
3 Zimmerman & ARam
OF Soriano, Abreu, Hart, Victorino
SP J. Shields, G. Floyd, S. Baker, Chien-Ming Wang, P. Hughes, Cueto, Slowey, Kershaw, Richmond, Koji
RP Lidge, K. Wood

Due to injuries, bad starts & guys in the minors (ie, Wang, Lidge, Wood, Wieters) I've been stuck holding alot of guys and haven't been able to make the necessary roster moves.

With Lidge and Wood I would have thought I was fairly solid at RP but these guys are killing me and in our league the top relievers can be close to the top scorers on an annual basis but there aren't many available options. Do I hold on Lidge and Wood or look to free agents like Downs, Cruz, Gregg, Rodney? Downs looks to be the most intriguing at this point but a couple bad days and it's a full platoon between he and BJ.

My second tough choices comes at SP. I'm holding out hope that Wang becomes useful again soon and that guys like Gavin & Baker can get a couple good starts in so I can deal them quick. There are some possible free agents out there worth taking a gamble on... guys like Bonderman, Duchscherer, Willis, Martis, Palmer & Porcello. Bonderman seems like the biggest wild card since he apparently looked real good in his minor league start yesterday and Martis and Porcello are impressing. Duch still seems a month away and I can't really afford to hold him that long at this point.

The guys that I'm thinking are my clear drops on my lineup are Richmond, possibly Hughes once Wang comes up & Pierzynski once Wieters get's the call. I'm thinking Kogi is a hold at this point since the bullpen has blown at least 3-4 of his possible wins and he has a fairly impressive history in Japan up until an injury in 2006 turned him into a reliever. So given all that rambling any clear suggestions?? I'm thinking Bonderman could be the clearest choice but Downs could be a good grab until my other RP's come around. Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Need some roster advice
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:11 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Jorge De La Rosa is also an available free agent at this point too

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:01 pm 

wudaben wrote:
I need to make a couple lineup moves and need a push in the right direction... right now I'm hurting in both starting pitching and relief pitching and there are a few available free agents that I'm considering at this point. Basic H2H scoring w/ points slightly slanted towards pitchers, here is my roster:

C Pierzynski & Wieters
1 A. Gonzalez
2 Brian Roberts & Ian Stewart
SS Reyes
3 Zimmerman & ARam
OF Soriano, Abreu, Hart, Victorino
SP J. Shields, G. Floyd, S. Baker, Chien-Ming Wang, P. Hughes, Cueto, Slowey, Kershaw, Richmond, Koji
RP Lidge, K. Wood

Due to injuries, bad starts & guys in the minors (ie, Wang, Lidge, Wood, Wieters) I've been stuck holding alot of guys and haven't been able to make the necessary roster moves.

With Lidge and Wood I would have thought I was fairly solid at RP but these guys are killing me and in our league the top relievers can be close to the top scorers on an annual basis but there aren't many available options. Do I hold on Lidge and Wood or look to free agents like Downs, Cruz, Gregg, Rodney? Downs looks to be the most intriguing at this point but a couple bad days and it's a full platoon between he and BJ.

My second tough choices comes at SP. I'm holding out hope that Wang becomes useful again soon and that guys like Gavin & Baker can get a couple good starts in so I can deal them quick. There are some possible free agents out there worth taking a gamble on... guys like Bonderman, Duchscherer, Willis, Martis, Palmer & Porcello. Bonderman seems like the biggest wild card since he apparently looked real good in his minor league start yesterday and Martis and Porcello are impressing. Duch still seems a month away and I can't really afford to hold him that long at this point.

The guys that I'm thinking are my clear drops on my lineup are Richmond, possibly Hughes once Wang comes up & Pierzynski once Wieters get's the call. I'm thinking Kogi is a hold at this point since the bullpen has blown at least 3-4 of his possible wins and he has a fairly impressive history in Japan up until an injury in 2006 turned him into a reliever. So given all that rambling any clear suggestions?? I'm thinking Bonderman could be the clearest choice but Downs could be a good grab until my other RP's come around. Thoughts?

If closers are so valuable, why are their closers on waivers? Lose Richmond and Hughes at this point. Martis and De La Rosa are worth adding.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:59 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
If closers are so valuable, why are their closers on waivers? Lose Richmond and Hughes at this point. Martis and De La Rosa are worth adding.

Would you still lose Richmond after today?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:11 pm 

Richmond had a good matchup today. He's not a good pitcher.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.