It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Krispie Young
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:40 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Krispie hit the waiver. He really sucks right now. I also have Upton on that team, which ranks dead last in runs so far. Upton's been solid, but I don't have much room for suck right now (does anyone?). Grab him, or hope no one picks him up and keep an eye on him? Here's my team:

C Russell Martin
1B Justin Morneau
2B Brandon Phillips
3B Evan Longoria
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Torii Hunter/Justin Upton/Shin-Soo Choo
Util Carlos Peña/Adrián Béltre
BN Bobby Abreu/Jerry Hairston Jr.

SP Jake Peavy/Adam Wainwright/Justin Verlander/ Jered Weaver/Chris Volstad/ Jair Jurrjens/ Edwin Jackson
RP Joe Nathan/Brian Fuentes/Scott Downs/Brandon Morrow/Brian Wilson

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
OF- M.Trout (K+1)/ J.Upton/ B.Moss
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

SP- H.Bailey/ J.Masterson/ F.Liriano/ A.Sanchez/ N.Eovaldi/ H.Iwakuma /I.Kennedy/ C.Kluber/ D.Hutchinson
RP- H.Street/ F.Rodney/ G.Perkins/ M.Lindstrom

DL- T.Walker

Post subject: Re: Krispie Young
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:55 pm 

the mexicutioner wrote:
Krispie hit the waiver. He really sucks right now. I also have Upton on that team, which ranks dead last in runs so far. Upton's been solid, but I don't have much room for suck right now (does anyone?). Grab him, or hope no one picks him up and keep an eye on him? Here's my team:

C Russell Martin
1B Justin Morneau
2B Brandon Phillips
3B Evan Longoria
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Torii Hunter/Justin Upton/Shin-Soo Choo
Util Carlos Peña/Adrián Béltre
BN Bobby Abreu/Jerry Hairston Jr.

SP Jake Peavy/Adam Wainwright/Justin Verlander/ Jered Weaver/Chris Volstad/ Jair Jurrjens/ Edwin Jackson
RP Joe Nathan/Brian Fuentes/Scott Downs/Brandon Morrow/Brian Wilson

I'd just play Rollins and lose Hairston for him.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Krispie's numbers are SOOOO bad. I am not even sure if anyone in my league will even pick him up once he's off the wire. I don't know much at all about Krispie, but his stats from the previous two years look solid. I also read that he is somewhat of a streaky player. Is he really someone I need to get on my team NOW? He's so bad, and young, will he turn it around?

I would be dropping Hairston Jr, who was having a solid season last year until he got injured. Is there really no upside to this guy? He's elgible at about every position, so that's nice. I think i just need some reassurance here, a little nudge.

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
OF- M.Trout (K+1)/ J.Upton/ B.Moss
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

SP- H.Bailey/ J.Masterson/ F.Liriano/ A.Sanchez/ N.Eovaldi/ H.Iwakuma /I.Kennedy/ C.Kluber/ D.Hutchinson
RP- H.Street/ F.Rodney/ G.Perkins/ M.Lindstrom

DL- T.Walker

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:56 pm 

Your outfield needs some decent upside backups (Krispie) and your middle infield doesn't (Hairston), and Krispie's upside is a lot greater if he catchers fire, so I told you to make the switch.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.