It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: KEEPER LEAGUE
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:41 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

12 team ... 9 player keeper league .

In September of 2010 , I took over a team that eventually finished dead-last with 20 roto points .

Obviously , my keepers were pretty damn sad , and before April had passed I flat-out dropped all but Uggla , Wright , and Stephen Drew .
I had a decent draft that 1st year , my 1st four picks being : Bruce , Freeman , Strasburg , & Trout.

In May (2011) , a contending team that desperately needed pitching traded me Matt Kemp for Scherzer , Chacin , and Lohse .

By July of that year , still needing pitching , that same team traded me Joey Votto for Humber , Hellickson , and Hafner .

Also , I had picked up Trout , but after (?) his disastrous call up , I dropped him for Lawrie , on Aug. 3rd .
I also managed to trade Jair J. and Hanrahan for Heyward , and by year's end I had managed an 8th place finish and 52.5 roto points .

During the off-season (2011) , I tried desperately to trade David Wright ... but , to no avail .
That left me with these keepers , going into the 2012 draft :
1) Kemp
2) Votto
3) Wright
4) Uggla
5) Bruce
6) Lawrie
7) Heyward
8) Strasburg
9) Latos

I had a decent 2012 draft starting with : Yu , Moustakas , 3 dl closers (Bailey , Santos , & , Street) and Trout .

Luckily , Wright got off to a fast start and I was finally able to trade him (Apr. 30th) for David Price.
But , by the end of May , it was still clearly evident that I was still playing for next year , having reached only about 60 roto points and 7th place , with the pitching categories being my Achilles heal .

In an attempt to improve , get younger , and open up a keeper spot for some pitching , I traded Joey Votto , Uggla , and , Latos for Carlos Gonzalez , on June 10th .

Today , June 16th , I traded Lawrie and Jay Bruce to the current last place team for Prince Fielder .

My keepers going into 2013 now look like this :
1) Kemp
2) Car-go
3) Prince
4) Trout
5) Heyward
6) Moustakas
7) Strasburg
8) Price
9) ? ? ? = a choice of : Yu , Bauer , or , Bundy .

Perhaps Moustakas will prove to be a down-grade from Lawrie , but this "plan" , that I devised prior to the 2012 draft , allows me to keep Heyward .

My outfield , now , offers a nice combination of power and speed .
My corners are ably-manned .
More important , my SP's should give me a fighting chance , starting with the 2013 draft .

I have no questions for you (Grey) at this time , but wanted to get this in the archives for future reference .

Post subject: Re: KEEPER LEAGUE
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:52 pm 

Okay, cool...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.