It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Bonifacio is on waivers ...
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:47 pm 

22 team mixed H2H re-draft.

Bonifacio is available and I'm wondering if it wouldn't be smart to replace my SS, Elvis Andrus with him.

I have Mike Aviles (next on my list to replace?) and could play him at SS and play Bonifacio at 2B.

PROS of replacing Andrus with Bonifacio:

Bonifacio is eligible at 2B and 3B (my current 3B is Branyan who I got off waivers for my injured A. Gordon)

Bonifacio seems like he might have more job security?

What do you guys all say about this? I won't do it just to do it. Is Bonifacio clearly a better bet from this point forward to go ahead and get (via FAAB)?

Post subject: Re: Bonifacio is on waivers ...
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:47 pm 

I like Bonifacio better than Aviles, but he's more or less the same as Andrus. Bad average, cheap steals. Having both doesn't seem necessary.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Post subject: Re: Bonifacio is on waivers ...
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:55 pm 

To follow-up on this, we had our weekly FAAB this evening and I had noticed earlier that Howie Kendrick was also available on waivers and I won the FAAB for him, dropping Aviles.

I could've dropped either Aviles or Elvis Andrus but went with Aviles because Andrus seems to have a higher upside. I think what Aviles is now is what he'll continue to be and he only amassed 42 pts. while Kendrick got 90 and Bonifacio 74. Andrus, 53.

That's with 59 AB's for Andrus and 84 for Aviles, so factor that in, too. OTOH, I hope Andrus doesn't lose tooo much time to Vizquel.