It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 3 Questions
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:31 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

1) I've been shuffling Alexei, Peralta, and Scutaro around the 2B and MI spots (Hanley is my SS). I'm hoping Peralta and Alexei pick it up, so I guess I'll hold them. My BA is last place, though, so I think I'll go with a hotter hand than Scutaro. Choices (all have hit relatively well recently): -- Kendrick, J Lopez.

S. Drew is available, but I'd have to drop Peralta to roster him then hold through the DL15 phase. Pick him up?

2) Napoli's battle with Mathis is tiring me. Lots of hot-hitting catchers available to help my BA: Ianetta (OK, not hot-hitting), Hernandez, Baker, Buck, Suzuki, Salty, Laird, Flores. I figure I can play the hot hands then drop when they cool ... shallow 10-team league. Any names stand out?

3) Lastly, are any of my OFs worth dropping for Fowler or Upton (I'm guessing not)? Hamilton, Crawford, Hart (where are the SB's?), Bruce, Pence.

Thanks!

Edit: I just noticed a current article by Jay Clemons on SI.com, and he lists Scutaro as an "Untouchable" -- "Gut feelings or no gut feelings, these stars should NOT be dealt in any garden-variety 1-for-1 or 2-for-2 swap this season." What's up with this? Am I wrong in thinking of dropping Scutaro?

He also mentions Crawford as being good trade bait, as his better days are behind him. I wonder if I should pursue this ...

C: Iannetta
1: Berkman
2: J. Lopez
3: Huff
SS: Hanley
2/SS: Alexei
1/3: Reynolds
OF: Crawford, Hart, Pence, Bruce, Rivera
UT: Stewart
Bench: Manny
DL: Hamilton

SP: Haren, Lester, Lackey, Bedard, Kershaw, Jurrjens, Wandy
RP: Rivera, Street, Nunez, Frasor

Post subject: Re: 3 Questions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:00 am 

Quote:
1) I've been shuffling Alexei, Peralta, and Scutaro around the 2B and MI spots (Hanley is my SS). I'm hoping Peralta and Alexei pick it up, so I guess I'll hold them. My BA is last place, though, so I think I'll go with a hotter hand than Scutaro. Choices (all have hit relatively well recently): -- Kendrick, J Lopez.
Trade out Scutaro for Kendrick

Quote:
S. Drew is available, but I'd have to drop Peralta to roster him then hold through the DL15 phase. Pick him up?
Can't you drop Scutaro for him?
Quote:
2) Napoli's battle with Mathis is tiring me. Lots of hot-hitting catchers available to help my BA: Ianetta (OK, not hot-hitting), Hernandez, Baker, Buck, Suzuki, Salty, Laird, Flores. I figure I can play the hot hands then drop when they cool ... shallow 10-team league. Any names stand out?
Salty, Baker, Ianetta, in that order.
Quote:
3) Lastly, are any of my OFs worth dropping for Fowler or Upton (I'm guessing not)? Hamilton, Crawford, Hart (where are the SB's?), Bruce, Pence.

Thanks!
Nope

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Post subject: Re: 3 Questions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:30 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Quote:
Can't you drop Scutaro for him?

I've been using the 3rd man as (temporary) insurance. For instance if I dropped Scutaro and picked up Drew, Peralta would have to play everyday, which would hurt my already last-place BA even further. Plus Hanley is out a few days. But you're right, that would be ideal, as then I might also pick up Fowler to sub for Hamilton, who may hit the DL... I'm thinking of Dropping Corpas to be able to do just that, actually.

Btw, Grey, your columns rock. ;) [/quote]

C: Iannetta
1: Berkman
2: J. Lopez
3: Huff
SS: Hanley
2/SS: Alexei
1/3: Reynolds
OF: Crawford, Hart, Pence, Bruce, Rivera
UT: Stewart
Bench: Manny
DL: Hamilton