It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: 3 Questions
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:31 pm 
Offline
Sponsor
Sponsor

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:21 pm
Posts: 8
1) I've been shuffling Alexei, Peralta, and Scutaro around the 2B and MI spots (Hanley is my SS). I'm hoping Peralta and Alexei pick it up, so I guess I'll hold them. My BA is last place, though, so I think I'll go with a hotter hand than Scutaro. Choices (all have hit relatively well recently): -- Kendrick, J Lopez.

S. Drew is available, but I'd have to drop Peralta to roster him then hold through the DL15 phase. Pick him up?

2) Napoli's battle with Mathis is tiring me. Lots of hot-hitting catchers available to help my BA: Ianetta (OK, not hot-hitting), Hernandez, Baker, Buck, Suzuki, Salty, Laird, Flores. I figure I can play the hot hands then drop when they cool ... shallow 10-team league. Any names stand out?

3) Lastly, are any of my OFs worth dropping for Fowler or Upton (I'm guessing not)? Hamilton, Crawford, Hart (where are the SB's?), Bruce, Pence.

Thanks!

Edit: I just noticed a current article by Jay Clemons on SI.com, and he lists Scutaro as an "Untouchable" -- "Gut feelings or no gut feelings, these stars should NOT be dealt in any garden-variety 1-for-1 or 2-for-2 swap this season." What's up with this? Am I wrong in thinking of dropping Scutaro?

He also mentions Crawford as being good trade bait, as his better days are behind him. I wonder if I should pursue this ...

_________________
10/mixed:

C: Iannetta
1: Berkman
2: J. Lopez
3: Huff
SS: Hanley
2/SS: Alexei
1/3: Reynolds
OF: Crawford, Hart, Pence, Bruce, Rivera
UT: Stewart
Bench: Manny
DL: Hamilton

SP: Haren, Lester, Lackey, Bedard, Kershaw, Jurrjens, Wandy
RP: Rivera, Street, Nunez, Frasor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3 Questions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:51 pm
Posts: 32006
Quote:
1) I've been shuffling Alexei, Peralta, and Scutaro around the 2B and MI spots (Hanley is my SS). I'm hoping Peralta and Alexei pick it up, so I guess I'll hold them. My BA is last place, though, so I think I'll go with a hotter hand than Scutaro. Choices (all have hit relatively well recently): -- Kendrick, J Lopez.
Trade out Scutaro for Kendrick

Quote:
S. Drew is available, but I'd have to drop Peralta to roster him then hold through the DL15 phase. Pick him up?
Can't you drop Scutaro for him?
Quote:
2) Napoli's battle with Mathis is tiring me. Lots of hot-hitting catchers available to help my BA: Ianetta (OK, not hot-hitting), Hernandez, Baker, Buck, Suzuki, Salty, Laird, Flores. I figure I can play the hot hands then drop when they cool ... shallow 10-team league. Any names stand out?
Salty, Baker, Ianetta, in that order.
Quote:
3) Lastly, are any of my OFs worth dropping for Fowler or Upton (I'm guessing not)? Hamilton, Crawford, Hart (where are the SB's?), Bruce, Pence.

Thanks!
Nope

_________________
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com
Image

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3 Questions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:30 am 
Offline
Sponsor
Sponsor

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:21 pm
Posts: 8
Grey wrote:
Quote:
S. Drew is available, but I'd have to drop Peralta to roster him then hold through the DL15 phase. Pick him up?
Can't you drop Scutaro for him?

I've been using the 3rd man as (temporary) insurance. For instance if I dropped Scutaro and picked up Drew, Peralta would have to play everyday, which would hurt my already last-place BA even further. Plus Hanley is out a few days. But you're right, that would be ideal, as then I might also pick up Fowler to sub for Hamilton, who may hit the DL... I'm thinking of Dropping Corpas to be able to do just that, actually.

Btw, Grey, your columns rock. ;) [/quote]

_________________
10/mixed:

C: Iannetta
1: Berkman
2: J. Lopez
3: Huff
SS: Hanley
2/SS: Alexei
1/3: Reynolds
OF: Crawford, Hart, Pence, Bruce, Rivera
UT: Stewart
Bench: Manny
DL: Hamilton

SP: Haren, Lester, Lackey, Bedard, Kershaw, Jurrjens, Wandy
RP: Rivera, Street, Nunez, Frasor


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron