It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: More keeper stuff
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:49 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Gonzalez, C $20
Lawrie, B $10
Medlen, K $5
Sandoval, P $11
Scherzer, M $17
Stanton, G $15

Interesting. I traded for Kershaw last year with the express purpose of keeping him this year - $35 is a pretty decent price in this league. You're obviously suggesting I go cheap with keepers and take another shot at him (or a Greinke maybe?) in the auction?

And have we finally reached the end of the road with Votto? I only say that cos he will probably go for at least as much as it will cost me to keep him.

Moore is a tough one to leave out...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:45 pm 

Yeah, those were tough decisions... Votto I say definitely no at that price... Kershaw I could see at that price, but there will be a ton of pitching in your league with only 9 teams... I'm sure you could get yourself a stacked pitching staff and not pay over $20 for any of them....

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:02 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Shock! Horror! The league has gone to 10 teams - does this change anything here. Here are the keepers you suggested:

Gonzalez, C $20
Lawrie, B $10
Medlen, K $5
Sandoval, P $11
Scherzer, M $17
Stanton, G $15

And here are the keeper candidates...

Cain, M $26
Gonzalez, Ad $43
Gonzalez, C $20
Greinke, Z $29
Hamilton, J $35
Hosmer, E $10
Kershaw, C $35
Kipnis, J $5
Lawrie, B $10
Medlen, K $5
Moore, M $10
Pedroia, D $28
Sandoval, P $11
Scherzer, M $17
Stanton, G $15
Votto, J $41

Scoring is 7x 7 (extra categories are OBP and Ks for hitters, Losses and Games started for pitchers).

Roster spots are pretty standard roto except for 3 x OF and 2 x Util. 1400 IP limit for pitchers. List below shows price to keep guys this year. Cap is $300.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:40 pm 

Steve wrote:
Shock! Horror! The league has gone to 10 teams - does this change anything here. Here are the keepers you suggested:

Gonzalez, C $20
Lawrie, B $10
Medlen, K $5
Sandoval, P $11
Scherzer, M $17
Stanton, G $15

Cain, M $26
Gonzalez, Ad $43
Gonzalez, C $20
Greinke, Z $29
Hamilton, J $35
Hosmer, E $10
Kershaw, C $35
Kipnis, J $5
Lawrie, B $10
Medlen, K $5
Moore, M $10
Pedroia, D $28
Sandoval, P $11
Scherzer, M $17
Stanton, G $15
Votto, J $41

Scoring is 7x 7 (extra categories are OBP and Ks for hitters, Losses and Games started for pitchers).

Roster spots are pretty standard roto except for 3 x OF and 2 x Util. 1400 IP limit for pitchers. List below shows price to keep guys this year. Cap is $300.

I don't love the 3rd baseman double up... How about tossing back Lawrie, keeping Sandoval for $11 and going with the cheap Kipnis... I don't love Kipnis, but for $5 it's worth the chance... I like the idea of going with Moore instead of Scherzer too... Will give you more (pun!) money to play with...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:06 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Steve wrote:

Gonzalez, C $20
Lawrie, B $10
Medlen, K $5
Sandoval, P $11
Scherzer, M $17
Stanton, G $15

Cain, M $26
Gonzalez, Ad $43
Gonzalez, C $20
Greinke, Z $29
Hamilton, J $35
Hosmer, E $10
Kershaw, C $35
Kipnis, J $5
Lawrie, B $10
Medlen, K $5
Moore, M $10
Pedroia, D $28
Sandoval, P $11
Scherzer, M $17
Stanton, G $15
Votto, J $41

I don't love the 3rd baseman double up... How about tossing back Lawrie, keeping Sandoval for $11 and going with the cheap Kipnis... I don't love Kipnis, but for $5 it's worth the chance... I like the idea of going with Moore instead of Scherzer too... Will give you more (pun!) money to play with...

OK - I'm on board with the Kipnis thing - Point Shares really likes him. Not quite so sure about about Moore - he'd be a #2 in this league though, right? I'd need to take a good shot at a legit #1?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:01 pm 

I think you can get away with Medlen and Moore as your front two then going a bit safer later rather than straight upside picks for pitching...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:05 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
I think you can get away with Medlen and Moore as your front two then going a bit safer later rather than straight upside picks for pitching...

So perhaps like a Zimmerman if he comes cheap enough?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:47 am 

Yeah, exactly...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:09 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

OK - keepers are IN.

Next question, with an IP cap of 1400, how many starters would you be looking to draft? Five? Six?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:28 pm 

6... 1400 is around 180 starts total...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next