It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Chris Ray
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:58 pm 

Hi Grey and all,

Someone dropped Chris Ray in a deep AL Only keeper league that I am in (I'm in a bunch of these...).

His salary is $3 this yr and $5 next year (can't keep after that). I really think he'll be closing soon (despite recent struggles), as Sherrill stinks and Ray previously showed decent skills as a closer.

My last bench spots (no DL) - Phil Hughes ($1) and Smoltz ($1). All can be kept for 2 more years beyond 2009 at similiar super-cheap prices.

I have Wood and Ziegler in this league, and some pretty solid starters (Greinke, Dice-K, Slowey, Joba). I want to win in '09, of course, and collect good keepers when I can. Jump on Ray and cut...? Or hold tight?

Thanks,
Mike D.

Post subject: Re: Chris Ray
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:25 pm 

You can lose Smoltz for Ray as he should come back and be the closer by the ASB.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:16 pm 

Grey,

Thanks for the reply. One question - Forgot to mention that this league is 5x5. Thus - would you rather have Smoltz over Ray in that scenario?

Thanks
Mike D.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:20 pm 

Yeah, I'd still go with Ray.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:18 pm 

While we're on this topic - Ray was just dropped in my $$$ league too.

Motte and Fuentes are giving me ulsers and well I don't really trust Villanueva at all.

Is Ray a must pickup? Drop Motte? Schafer? Morales? Salty? You'll probably say Salty.

2nd-Weeks ($9)
SS-Zobrost ($15)
3rd-Moustakes ($6)
MI-M.Young ($3)
CI-Goldschmidt ($25)
OF-J.Upton ($35)
OF-Cain (FA)
OF-A.Gordon ($15)
OF-Pence ($7)
OF-Victorino (Trade)
Util-Rizzo ($14)
B-Maybin ($2), C.Carter ($1), Dido (FA), Bourjos (FA), Cespedes ($27), Ackley (FA)

SP-Price (trade), Medlen ($13)
RP-Balfour ($2), Frieri ($3)
P- R.Cook ($1), Buchholz (FA), Russell (FA), Mujica (FA)
B-Samardzija ($9), Minor ($6), H.Bailey ($3), Beachy (DL)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:35 pm 

Yeah, you don't need a 2nd catcher. So either trade Iannetta for a piece you could use, or lose Salty.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:15 am 

you're probably right. I just enjoy playing the matchups right now and both those guys are so good at home.

ie, sitting Iannetta vs. Hamels today, playing Salty vs. Galaragga

Is Ray a "must pickup" and stash? I may roll the dice - I doubt anyone jumps him for another week or so.

I'll probably try and deal Salty - but he just smells like a post hype sleeper this year.

2nd-Weeks ($9)
SS-Zobrost ($15)
3rd-Moustakes ($6)
MI-M.Young ($3)
CI-Goldschmidt ($25)
OF-J.Upton ($35)
OF-Cain (FA)
OF-A.Gordon ($15)
OF-Pence ($7)
OF-Victorino (Trade)
Util-Rizzo ($14)
B-Maybin ($2), C.Carter ($1), Dido (FA), Bourjos (FA), Cespedes ($27), Ackley (FA)

SP-Price (trade), Medlen ($13)
RP-Balfour ($2), Frieri ($3)
P- R.Cook ($1), Buchholz (FA), Russell (FA), Mujica (FA)
B-Samardzija ($9), Minor ($6), H.Bailey ($3), Beachy (DL)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:06 am 

re: Salty, he does feel exactly like that, which is probably why I like him, but you still don't need two catchers. Even a post-hype sleeper catcher is still a catcher.