It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Should you Veto a Trade
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:41 pm 

The single and most controversial topic each season has been the issue of trades and when to veto one. Most often, team owners assume that all tradess are supposed to be made for “equal value.” but often times trades seem lopside or "unfair" because of the specific needs a team owner needs to fill. In retrospect what is considered equal or fair value? First there has to be a demand for the pwlyer and the party demanding that player sets the price for that player. In such cases the ammount a team owner is willing to pay for Manny Ramirez would be fair value right? Than if that is the case why do so many cry "Foul" when they see a trade proposal that is completely one sided on the stats sheet? Should you veto the trade just becasue it seems unfair to you that someone else is getting a deal and you are not? The commisioner should set rules that trades should be done on the grounds of need and demand, a stature that enables trades to not be vetoed if it is clearly notable that it is a needs based transaction and no conflict of interest is present. So have fun and if a smuck is willing to mortage its team than go ahead and agree. If you feel strongly against fair trading than solicit the services of a third party fantasy baseball arbitrtion service theres plenty out there. enjoy.

Post subject: Re: Should you Veto a Trade
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:45 pm 

I don't approve of vetoes unless the trade is obviously done maliciously, i.e., Hanley for Felipe Lopez.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:51 pm 

That is good to hear because every year I play the owners veto trades on the grounds of not "equal value" it irks me because last year I was getting Texeria for Maddox of the Dodgers I really needed a batter and had plenty of pitching.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:58 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

In one of my leagues 2 years ago every single trade (yes, every one, all 20 or so of them) in the last half got vetoed. People started vetoing just out of spite. The next year it was made sure that vetos would be by commisioner only after everyone had voted publicly. There wasn't a single vetoed trade, with all the same people.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:36 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

yeah,if a trade of one persons gets vetoed,then he gets a bone and vetoes any others and such,not saying i like all trades i pass,but hey i might need to make a trade also

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:33 am 

Grey - bring back the letter to people who veto.

I used a modified version last year and the veto crazy honkers stopped.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:35 am 

Oh, yeah. Forgot about that. Have to dust that off.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:40 pm 

fba123 wrote:
That is good to hear because every year I play the owners veto trades on the grounds of not "equal value" it irks me because last year I was getting Texeria for Maddox of the Dodgers I really needed a batter and had plenty of pitching.

Are you kidding? I doubt there is a league out there, in which this trade would NOT get vetoed.

Maddux for Texiera is VERY lobsided and goes beyond "filling needs"

12 team league, not keeper, standard 5x5

Miguel Montero
Gaby Sanchez
Rickie Weeks
Kevin Youkilis
Maicer Izturis
Jacoby Ellsbury
Ryan Braun
Chris Young
Aaron Hill
Brennan Boesch
Rafael Furcal
Ben Zobrist
Jason Bourgeois

SP
Fausto Carmona
Tim Stauffer
Jhoulys Chacin
Jon Lester
Kyle McClellan
Tim Hudson
Jason Vargas
David Price
Tim Lincecum
Rick Porcello
RP
Mike Adams
Matt Guerrier
Kyle Farnsworth
Kenley Jansen
DL - Andrew Bailey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:48 am 

reply to: Jerkin

Yes you are right every body in their right mind would not allow such a trade...but consider real sports trades...Patriots trade Matt Cassel + Vrabel to Chiefs for 2nd round pick???? LopSided? "Yes".....Memphis trade Pau Gasol to Lakers which equals instant NBA finals appearance.... Some times trades are not equal but if no foul play is present they should go thru. My opinion anyways.

check out the sports news wiget from
http://www.fantasybaseballarbitration.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:22 pm 

fba123 wrote:
reply to: Jerkin

Yes you are right every body in their right mind would not allow such a trade...but consider real sports trades...Patriots trade Matt Cassel + Vrabel to Chiefs for 2nd round pick???? LopSided? "Yes".....Memphis trade Pau Gasol to Lakers which equals instant NBA finals appearance.... Some times trades are not equal but if no foul play is present they should go thru. My opinion anyways.

check out the sports news wiget from
http://www.fantasybaseballarbitration.com

LOL you make me laugh. In fantasy, there is no such thing as unhappy players, salary caps, luxury taxes ... its a straight up comparison trade, player for player.

12 team league, not keeper, standard 5x5

Miguel Montero
Gaby Sanchez
Rickie Weeks
Kevin Youkilis
Maicer Izturis
Jacoby Ellsbury
Ryan Braun
Chris Young
Aaron Hill
Brennan Boesch
Rafael Furcal