Risky Business

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
BKK

Risky Business

Postby BKK » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:54 pm

Of my starting pitchers, who would you be most concerned about.

Dice-K, Zambrano, Harang, Verlander, Jimenez, also have Petitte and Jurrjens.

Who would be the first guy you try to move?

Grey

Re: Risky Business

Postby Grey » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:19 pm

Big Z because I feel like he might actually get you something, whereas Verlander's pretty bad, but after last year I don't think you're going to get much for him. Harang and Dice-K are risks too.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

COWBOY KELLY
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby COWBOY KELLY » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:48 pm

do you have some stud rp`s??

BKK

Postby BKK » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:56 am

Similar problem, different team.

10 team Hd to Hd, 25 man roster (3 bench), with 30 inning weekly minimum, that counts HLD's:

SP's: Shields, Zambrano, Wainwright, Harang, Weaver, Meche
RP's: Broxton, Qualls, Motte, Arredondo, Putz

The only batter I have on the bench is Maybin

Ziegler and Lindstrom are both on the waiver wire. Should I grab one or both of them, if so, who to drop, cause, I just can't see how to include them. I suppose, I could sacrifice Maybin, either way its SAGNOF giving away steals for some extra saves.

Although, do I really have that big a need for both Weaver and Meche, especially while the likes of Carmona, Jimenez, Volstad, W Rodriquez, Pelfrey, O Perez, Guthrie, Maholm, Snell, Kuroda and a host of other SP's are still available?

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:53 am

BKK wrote:Similar problem, different team.

10 team Hd to Hd, 25 man roster (3 bench), with 30 inning weekly minimum, that counts HLD's:

SP's: Shields, Zambrano, Wainwright, Harang, Weaver, Meche
RP's: Broxton, Qualls, Motte, Arredondo, Putz

The only batter I have on the bench is Maybin

Ziegler and Lindstrom are both on the waiver wire. Should I grab one or both of them, if so, who to drop, cause, I just can't see how to include them. I suppose, I could sacrifice Maybin, either way its SAGNOF giving away steals for some extra saves.

Although, do I really have that big a need for both Weaver and Meche, especially while the likes of Carmona, Jimenez, Volstad, W Rodriquez, Pelfrey, O Perez, Guthrie, Maholm, Snell, Kuroda and a host of other SP's are still available?

You answered your own question. Lose Weaver and Meche.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

BKK

Postby BKK » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:08 am

Grey wrote:You answered your own question. Lose Weaver and Meche.

Thanks, I like to talk myself into circles.

Is it better to carry more closers than SP. Like in a std 5 x 5, what makes more sense, to carry 6 SP's and 4 RP's or 5 and 5, 6 and 4 the other way.

Does this logic hold true for HD to HD?

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:12 am

Sure, Ziegler and Lindstrom will have much more trade value.
Grey Albright

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”