It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Outlandish Outfield
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:39 pm 

With the discussion on Vlad's knees, since I only watch a few of his games - hasn't he always lumbered around looking like he shouldn't get to half the balls he does in the outfield. Even the bat and swing he has reminds me of Bam-Bam swinging the club. Yet with all that going on to the naked eye, he makes contact, ok not so much this year. Which also tells us he doesn't suck this bad - We'll have to see what those 6 gays say this week.

As to Wells recovery from wrist injury, the same discussion will be taking place in a couple of weeks about Ortiz, will it not? Ask Nomah about those sheaths. The lastest read in Boston has David Ortiz's dad opening a water bottle for him at the Celtic's game as a precautionary measure.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:57 pm 

Thanks for all the insight you razztards!

Here are my thoughts:

Vernon Wells is coming back from a wrist injury, but it is his non-dominant, left wrist. His left wrist would be his bottom hand on the bat. The top hand while batting is normally what creates most of your bat speed. I don't see a large drop in power from him for the rest of the season.

But anyway, I went with Bruce, Victorino and Granderson. I definitely wanted Bruce and Vic active, so it came down to one spot for either Grandy, Vlad or Vernon. So...

I asked my girlfriend. I told her how all 3 of the outfielders were good players but either struggling or an injury risk. She said, "Go with the youngest one, he will have the most energy!" So I did. And if Granderson has a terrible week I can just blame her. Win win!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:05 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

I'm surprised she didnt ask to see pictures and then go with the "cutest" one. Isn't that how they pick anything? My wife always goes with who has the cutest uniforms or, unfortunately for me because I have to hear her think out loud, who has the cutest butt.