It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: I play in a heavily emphasized K league...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:58 pm 

We use K's, K/9, and K/BB...

Just drafted in my keeper league on CBS (By the way, CBS fucking sucks and I will be taking my keeper league back to Yahoo next season) (Bugs, Autopilot randomly turning on and off during the draft, picking players owners did not want, etc, etc... horrible experience.

I was a victim of this autopilot error and was stuck with Chien Ming-Wang in Round 14. Sure he's good for 15+ wins, ERA under 4.00, and a WHIP under 1.35, but his lack of K's kills his value in our league and might kill my pitching staff...

What do you think? Can I survive his lack of K's with the following pitching staff anchoring me?

SP: Lincecum
SP: Billingsley
SP: Nolasco
SP: Wainwright
SP: Wang
SP: J. Zimmerman
RP: Broxton
RP: Soria
RP: Motte
RP: Gregg
RP: Lindstrom
RP: Kuo

MINORS: T. Hanson
MINORS: N. Feliz

I have one open roster spot where I can add one more SP...

Who would you add given the following categories: ERA, WHIP, Wins, K's, K/9, K/BB

Paul Maholm
Gavin Floyd
Gil Meche
Randy Wolf
Manny Parra
Jeff Niemann

Thanks for reading!

Post subject: Re: I play in a heavily emphasized K league...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:19 pm 

Tony B. wrote:
We use K's, K/9, and K/BB...

Just drafted in my keeper league on CBS (By the way, CBS fucking sucks and I will be taking my keeper league back to Yahoo next season) (Bugs, Autopilot randomly turning on and off during the draft, picking players owners did not want, etc, etc... horrible experience.

I was a victim of this autopilot error and was stuck with Chien Ming-Wang in Round 14. Sure he's good for 15+ wins, ERA under 4.00, and a WHIP under 1.35, but his lack of K's kills his value in our league and might kill my pitching staff...

What do you think? Can I survive his lack of K's with the following pitching staff anchoring me?

SP: Lincecum
SP: Billingsley
SP: Nolasco
SP: Wainwright
SP: Wang
SP: J. Zimmerman
RP: Broxton
RP: Soria
RP: Motte
RP: Gregg
RP: Lindstrom
RP: Kuo

MINORS: T. Hanson
MINORS: N. Feliz

I have one open roster spot where I can add one more SP...

Who would you add given the following categories: ERA, WHIP, Wins, K's, K/9, K/BB

Paul Maholm
Gavin Floyd
Gil Meche
Randy Wolf
Manny Parra
Jeff Niemann

Thanks for reading!

That sucks what happened. I had a lousy experience in my AL-Only draft with CBS. Anyway, your staff is rock solid for Ks, I wouldn't be worried about Wang. I'd grab Meche.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:53 pm 

Okay, I liked Meche the best out of that group as well...

Let me ask you this... I was also autopilot fucked again... I drafted Sandoval Round 13 and then the autopilot got me again in Round 16 and took Chris Ianetta so now I'm stuck with 2 catchers. They were the top 2 C's I wanted now I'm stuck with 2 and everyone in the league knows I can't trade Ianetta so they are just waiting for me to drop him. My current offense looks like this...

C: Sandoval
1B: Derrek Lee
2B: Alexei Ramirez
3B: Evan Longoria
SS: Jimmy Rollins
OF: Sizemore
OF: Manny Ramirez
OF: Granderson
UTL: McClouth
UTL: Billy Butler
BN: Maybin
BN: Daniel Murphy
BN: Chris Ianetta

I have a dilemma with not having an acceptable infield utility guy on my bench, Felipe Lopez is available right now on the wire with 2B/3B/SS/OF eligibility and I do want him. So I'm thinking of dropping Ianetta for Lopez, then dropping Wang, adding Kelvim Escobar, placing him on my DL, then adding Meche.

Think I should make those moves, or just simply drop Ianetta for Felipe?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:01 pm 

Just drop Iannetta for Lopez.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:02 pm 

Or can you drop Iannetta, grab Escobar, put him on the DL then grab Lopez and Meche?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:37 am 

Well, Meche was taken, so I dropped Ianetta, added Felipe Lopez, then dropped Daniel Murphy since I have a gluttony of OF'ers already and added Manny Parra...

What I'm looking to do next, if the Nats send Zimmerman to AAA to start the season, I can slide him into one of my minor league slots and add a replacement SP instead from this group:

P.Maholm
B. Penny
G. Floyd
R. Wolf
A. Pettitte
J. Masterson
R. Porcello
P. Martinez

DISGUSTING GROUP, I KNOW

or I could put one more power bat on my bench:

Thome
Giambi
Kubel
JD Drew
Josh Fields
Hermida
E. Dukes
T. Snider
Nick Johnson

Any suggestions if Zimmerman gets sent to AAA to start the year given my current lineup?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:45 am 

Tony B. wrote:
P.Maholm
B. Penny
G. Floyd
R. Wolf
A. Pettitte
J. Masterson
R. Porcello
P. Martinez

DISGUSTING GROUP, I KNOW

or I could put one more power bat on my bench:

Maholm, Penny, Wolf, Porcello, Fields, Snider, Giambi, Thome, punt.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:10 am 

Any chance pairing Maholm with Wang in my rotation hurts my K/9 even more or do you see Maholm posting a K/9 above, possibly, 6.5???

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:23 am 

Well, none of these guys are ideal, that's why they're on waivers. Go for Fields then, or one of the hitters.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:29 am 

I agree they aren't ideal, it's probably not a good idea to just add an extra SP for depth if they end up doing more harm than good. What are your projections on Fields? You think he can hit 25-30 HR and steal 10 bags and at least hit above .260?