It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: What do I do about Price?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:53 pm 

Grey wrote:
What are you looking for on Price?

If I should keep him or not. I really like Weiters. If I did drop Price and was able to pick up Weiters I would have him for four years. Price is now in the second year of his four year contract. We cannot extend contracts. I keep going back and fourth on what I should do.
If I drop him I can keep Pena, Myers, Scherzer, Travis Snider,Joe Saunders, Eric Bedard , Ricky Weeks or Jose Lopez. I don't want to fill my MI with either Lopez or Weeks because I may need that spot to get Rollins if Utley doesn't fall to me. I like Pena but I may ned that spot. I have a DH that can be anybody. I'm leaning toward keeping Scherzer if he is healthy or Myers. If I drop Price. What the hell do I do?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:58 pm 

Drop him and keep Scherzer and grab Wieters.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:04 pm 

Is Scherzer going to start? If he does will he get enough innings? Whats the latest on his shoulder? Is this what you would do ? Should I take him in the third ( 26th overall ) or wait until the fourth (39th overall )

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:11 pm 

He might start the year of the DL, but he was fine last time out in spring training. Wait until the fourth, but the Diamondbacks are saying he'll get 170 innings, which would be obscene. I'd assume 150 solid innings.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:15 pm 

Alright. I'm hoping by then Baltimore will have figured out what to do with Weiters. It makes sense they would want to put some butts in the seats . If the fans have something to look foward to all season they'll sell more tickets.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:36 pm 

Update.We drafted Saturday.
I decided to keep price. I found out that I could get Weiters at the draft and keep him and Price if they both started in the minors as they did. I just would not have been able to replace one and would not have received stats for Weiters .
I was about to called out Weiters name but he was called out a couple of picks before me. I said oh well at least I still have Price. I got thinking tonight which usually gets me in trouble. Why not see if the Weiters manager wants Price for him ? Because they areboth minor leaguers it could be a one for one trade.It doesn't affect our rosters. Thoughts? I have Pierzynski at catcher now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:24 pm 

I prefer Price.