It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: What do I do about Price?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:51 am 

Looking like he's headed to the minors. We can only keep ONE minor leaguer. I can protect him if he goes down and select a pitcher from the remaining pitchers after the draft. BUT I really like Matt Weiters. And it looks like he will also start in the minors.I'm torn between keeping Price and not getting Weiters. Or just dropping Price and trying to draft Weiters. I would probably have to grab him early. maybe third or fourth rd .Its also possible if I drop Price and may not get either of them . We keep 9 up to four years. Price will be in year two unless he stays in the minors he full year which he won't.
If I drop him I can replce him with a player I dropped to get to my nine keepers. These are the players. Pena, Myers, Scherzer, Travis Snider or Jose Lopez. What would you do?

Post subject: Re: What do I do about Price?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:43 am 

VtPistonsFan wrote:
Looking like he's headed to the minors. We can only keep ONE minor leaguer. I can protect him if he goes down and select a pitcher from the remaining pitchers after the draft. BUT I really like Matt Weiters. And it looks like he will also start in the minors.I'm torn between keeping Price and not getting Weiters. Or just dropping Price and trying to draft Weiters. I would probably have to grab him early. maybe third or fourth rd .Its also possible if I drop Price and may not get either of them . We keep 9 up to four years. Price will be in year two unless he stays in the minors he full year which he won't.
If I drop him I can replce him with a player I dropped to get to my nine keepers. These are the players. Pena, Myers, Scherzer, Travis Snider or Jose Lopez. What would you do?

Wait, do you not even have Wieters yet? Price will be back by May and have a big impact this year. I'd hold him. If I dropped him, I'd keep Pena. Honestly, though I'm not completely clear as to your question.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:52 am 

Sorry if I confused you. I now own Price as one of my keepers. We can only keep one minor leaguer. I can protect Price and replce him but it will cost me that one spot. If I hold onto price I CANNOT draft Weiters unless he starts in the majors.If I keep Price I can move him to the minor league reserve and pick up a replacement pitcher after the draft has ended with any of the remaining pitchers. If I throw him back just before the draft I can keep one of my dropped players in place of Price. I then could try to draft either one but not both .
Does that help?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:36 am 

You can drop Price for Pena, but I don't know who your other keepers are, so I'm not sure if you have a first baseman or not.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:07 pm 

My other keepers are M. Cabrera, Wright, Bay, Bruce, Tulo, Shields, Soria, Price, Verlander.
I have the first, third and sixth picks in this years draft. Long story on how I accumulated three first round picks but it takes too long. This will be an awesome draft because of expiring contracts.
Here are the top 12 so basically the first round.
Pujols I am taking
Howard Being taken with the second pick
Reyes I am taking
Holliday
Sizemore
Rollins

Utley I am hoping to get with my sixth pick. If not what would you suggest? I doubt
Sizemore will still be there. Holliday ?

Beltran
Soriano
Berkman
Fielder
Morneau

The next group looks like this

Roberts I would like to grab with my second rd pick ( 14th overall )
Kazmir
Lackey
Felix
Street
V. Wells
Atkins
F. Cordero
Ichiro
Pena

I was thinking of taking Roberts with my 2d rd pick if he fell to me. Between him and Reyes I would have nice steals.
I could then grab Weiters in the 3rd rd with the 26th overall pick. I can't imagine abody going for him sooner then that with the list of players still on the board.
We can keep our players four years. Standard 5x5
We have 15 hitters and 10 pitchers.2 DHs one is corner, another is a middle and the third can be anybody including a pitcher.
Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:47 pm 

VtPistonsFan wrote:
Pujols I am taking
Howard Being taken with the second pick
Reyes I am taking
Holliday
Sizemore
Rollins

Utley I am hoping to get with my sixth pick. If not what would you suggest? I doubt
Sizemore will still be there. Holliday ?

Beltran
Soriano
Berkman
Fielder
Morneau

The next group looks like this

Roberts I would like to grab with my second rd pick ( 14th overall )
Kazmir
Lackey
Felix
Street
V. Wells
Atkins
F. Cordero
Ichiro
Pena

I was thinking of taking Roberts with my 2d rd pick if he fell to me. Between him and Reyes I would have nice steals.
I could then grab Weiters in the 3rd rd with the 26th overall pick. I can't imagine abody going for him sooner then that with the list of players still on the board.
We can keep our players four years. Standard 5x5
We have 15 hitters and 10 pitchers.2 DHs one is corner, another is a middle and the third can be anybody including a pitcher.
Thoughts?

Nice on the those first picks. I would take Utley, Sizemore or Holliday, in that order with my next pick. Roberts seems fine if you don't take Utley. I like him better than those others. Wieters could be a steal for the next three years.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:06 pm 

How old is Brian Roberts...31? In a four year contract league, there's some age risk there for a guy whose biggest value is in steals. That said, he's better than the rest of that lot. Why did you even list Street? Ugh...

As far as Price/Wieters goes...don't waste a 3rd round pick on Wieters. This is an 8 keeper league at the MLB level, not exactly super deep, and you're looking at a huge influx of talent next year. In keeper leagues of less than 10-11 players, nobody should be drafting Wieters as early as you're looking at him, especially if it means giving up Price for nothing. If he's anything less than a star by the end of next season (which could happen, but is far from guaranteed no matter what PECOTA says), you'll have no reason to even keep Wieters, and spending such a high pick on the guy will hurt your chances at contending this season with what looks like a very solid team. Hold on to Price.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:38 pm 

This is how our rosters work.

- 10 Pitchers which can be comprised of any combination of
starters/relievers
- 15 Batters consisting of:
5 Outfielders/DH's
1 - Catcher
1 - 1st Baseman M. Cabrera
1 - 2nd Basemen
1 - Shortstop Tulowitski
1 - 3rd Basemen Wright
2 - Addtl Cor Inf (1B or 3B)
2 - Addtl (C, 2B, or SS)
1 - Utility (any position)

You both make a lot of sense. I could take Pena. But since I am losing a pitcher what about Myers. The thing with taking Pena is it would be another first baseman off the market. He would be the next top first baseman left after the first baseman I listed are gone. He could bring some value . I could put him at DH. Yes Pujols would go to CI. Reyes would go to MI. That would leave second open for Utley .
We play in a 12 team 9 player keeper . We draft 16 players. Standard 5x5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:53 am 

Well its happened. Price is sent down. I have to decide what to do . I was watching MLB last night. Interview with Weiters. Seems like there is a good chance he could stick. Seeing my team if he does stick do I go after him with my 3rd round pick (26th overall )?.Still looking for more replies on Price.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:45 am 

What are you looking for on Price?