It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Grey pick a final hitter; Rudy a pitcher
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:07 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey, you get to pick the one hitter you would replace and his replacement. Rudy would you please replace one pitcher? (I am leaning Gallardo just because I don't think he gets more than 10 wins against aces this year.)

Your picks will make the final roster (pending their cost-which I didn't want to burden you with a list of).
s 1710 furcal 1710

rp 1880 qualls 1880

Last edited by Simply Fred on Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Grey pick a final hitter; Rudy a pitcher
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:05 pm 

What's your current lineup?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:14 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

The list is my total team (includes starters and bench: 2 hitters start and 1 bench, 6 startng pitchers, 4 bench, 4 rps.). Just looking for the one bad apple that you think should be tossed. I know there are a couple that aren't to your liking: Martinez, Furcal, Manny, ...?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:26 pm 

Is there 4 catchers on your team? A corner? One Utility? Two? A bench? Justin Upton? BJ? And who's available? Everyone outside of these guys? Maybe I'm having a stupid problem here, but I think I need more info.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:36 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

My apologies. See attempt to clarify with edited version. I APPRECIATE that you are giving this thoughtful consideration! Everyone available. Once you have picked the rotten apple then replace with someone who would go in a similar draft round? I have to replace with like cost in order to fit the whole scheme. If you would like, once you have spotted the baddest one I can give you a list at about the same cost??

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:50 pm 

I'd take Braun over Hamilton (cost 430)
Hanley over Reyes (save 90)
Longoria for Blalock (cost 980)
Wieters for V-Mart (save 920) - note: I don't think Wieters starts the year but he's still as good an option for PA's as Blalock.
Gallardo for (Randy? Josh?) Johnson (save 420)

I think this ends up net positive...

Of course I don't know how the point structure exactly works but hope this helps...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:53 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

NO. All of these guys on my roster. Just looking for the one hitter and the one pitcher that you would drop and who you would replace them with from the pool of all other players. Someone at around the same draft level.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:01 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Guys, you don't have to do this. I thought it was a simple pick the bad one. But, you are wayyy ahead of me. You know that the scheme of the game, etc. is important to the decision!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:16 pm 

Ah! I get it. I'd go with Drew over Furcal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:23 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

That's the ticket. He comes in at a little higher cost, but I will try work it out. Available in that range:

DREW 2090
HARDY 2010
TULOWITZKI 1940
RAMIREZ, alexei 1920
BETANCOURT 1850
THERIOT 1820
ESCOBAR 1720
FURCAL 1710
SCUTARO 1660
GUZMAN 1630
GREENE 1590
BARTLETT1550