It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: AL auction keeper query - no Santa, now what??
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:51 am 

Unique, well seasoned league: 5x4(ERA, W, Sv, K:BB), 10 teams, up to 5 keeps with a 50% salary increase capped at $5 (260 budget). 2 c, mi, ci, 5of, 1util, 6pits with 800 IP min. Draft order is determined by randomly selecting team names from a hat and going down their 40-man/NRIs/add-ons until a bid is made. Results in some good buys late but mostly just keeps the peeps on their toes.

Was planning to keep ESantana at $3, but given the injury news and excellent post in RB on above average risk for pitchers, will now prob let him go. P's (especially cl's) in this league are usually priced well below any published values, but top end guys will still sell high for the most part (Ex. $21 Beckett, $24 Papelbon last year) . On to my possible keeps:

Definite:
$6 Quentin
$12 Pedroia
$20 Bossman Junior
$5 Liriano

Possibles:
$3 ESantana
$3 David Murphy
$5 Shoppach
$17 Joba
$16 Figgins

I was going to basically underspend on Cs this year and target one of the up and comers for a $1 (C.Santana, Max Ram, Flowers, Arencibia) since big money on VMart convinced me to return to the philo of low on the Cs. Shopp at $5 might be worth it if he's getting ABs and Victor might be undervalued and 1b/DHg it more this year. But that Tex offense and DaMurph's quality, though shortened, season is attractive. Any thoughts from the RB community out there?

Other league-peeps are keeping:
P - CC(16), Greinke, Shields, Lee (3), DPrice, Saunders(2), Kazmir, Sonny-boy, Verlander, JerWeaver, Litsch (2); BJ Ryan (6) CRay (2)
CIs - Longo(16), AGordon, Morneau(24), Youk, Huff, Fields (if he starts)
MIs - Al.Ramirez, BWood, Scutaro (2), Punto (2)
C - Wieters(5), Inge (3), Napoli, Laird, Clement
OF - Sizemore(16), Hamilton(27), Rios, Crisp, 'Kakis, DeYoung, Crispy, TBuck, Baldelli(2), DeJesus

Post subject: Re: AL auction keeper query - no Santa, now what??
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:14 am 

Jonesin' in BMore wrote:
Definite:
$6 Quentin
$12 Pedroia
$20 Bossman Junior
$5 Liriano

Possibles:
$3 ESantana
$3 David Murphy
$5 Shoppach
$17 Joba
$16 Figgins

I'd still go with Ervin. Sucks that he's opening the season with an injury, and it sucks he's risky for further arm problems, but at that price he's too good of a buy. Stash him on your bench for two months if you have to, for that price it's still a bargain for 4 months of work from him. I will say it makes it an easier call because your other possibilities aren't that great.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:24 am 

Grey wrote:
Jonesin' in BMore wrote:
Definite:
$6 Quentin
$12 Pedroia
$20 Bossman Junior
$5 Liriano

Possibles:
$3 ESantana
$3 David Murphy
$5 Shoppach
$17 Joba
$16 Figgins

I'd still go with Ervin. Sucks that he's opening the season with an injury, and it sucks he's risky for further arm problems, but at that price he's too good of a buy. Stash him on your bench for two months if you have to, for that price it's still a bargain for 4 months of work from him. I will say it makes it an easier call because your other possibilities aren't that great.

Thanks for the quick reply to my first ever RB posting, I'll def take the post into consideration. Fortunately our draft is 4/4 so still have time to see if any more news on ESan.

We only have eight bench spots (5paid, 3Supp) and four waiver pickups through the year (mid-May, June, July, Aug); trades cost real $$ so usually only 10-15 per year. Basically, draft day is 90% of the year.

Say the news gets worse on ESan - like TJ surgery and done until late'10 or start of '11 - what would you suggest as best course of action? Really enjoying the site btw.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:57 am 

If the news gets worse on Ervin, then I'd go with Shoppach.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.