It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: keeper statagy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:48 am 

i play in a 12 team mixed 5x5 (obp not ave) 260 keeper league we play 1 at each position 4 of's plus 2 ut's 11 hitting 7 pitchers 7 bench. we can keep up to 10 players and their salary goes up by 5 every year. my top options are howard 27 obp really helps ,hanley 22, granderson 11, rios 17 not as sure w/out wells protecting and bad imo lineup , bj 17, j.upton 6, lincecum 17, vazquez 17. your opinion? the next guys get harder to figure holliday 31 expensive new team, j.shields 17 worried about his innings last year,(scherzer,morrow,carpenter)12 probably not, nathan 20 looking at picking up cheaper closers. i can trade holliday and scherzer for billingsley 11 i like this what do you think? could also trade rios for billingsley? some other options that i'm probably not going with are garza 12, gregg 7, i.stewart 12, gordon 14. my total spent with my top options 133 still need 2b,3b,c,2ut's,5 pitchers, 7 bench. 17 total. if i keep holliday and shields i would have spent 181. if i do trade for billinsley does it make since to than also keep shields and not worry about any starting pitchers other than 1$ players?

Post subject: Re: keeper statagy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:04 am 

lendean wrote:
i play in a 12 team mixed 5x5 (obp not ave) 260 keeper league we play 1 at each position 4 of's plus 2 ut's 11 hitting 7 pitchers 7 bench. we can keep up to 10 players and their salary goes up by 5 every year. my top options are howard 27 obp really helps ,hanley 22, granderson 11, rios 17 not as sure w/out wells protecting and bad imo lineup , bj 17, j.upton 6, lincecum 17, vazquez 17. your opinion? the next guys get harder to figure holliday 31 expensive new team, j.shields 17 worried about his innings last year,(scherzer,morrow,carpenter)12 probably not, nathan 20 looking at picking up cheaper closers. i can trade holliday and scherzer for billingsley 11 i like this what do you think? could also trade rios for billingsley? some other options that i'm probably not going with are garza 12, gregg 7, i.stewart 12, gordon 14. my total spent with my top options 133 still need 2b,3b,c,2ut's,5 pitchers, 7 bench. 17 total. if i keep holliday and shields i would have spent 181. if i do trade for billinsley does it make since to than also keep shields and not worry about any starting pitchers other than 1$ players?

I'd keep Howard, Hanley, Granderson, Rios, BJ, Lincecum and Justin. Get rid of the rest except... Trade Billingsley and Scherzer for Billinglsey if you can.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:31 pm 

Grey wrote:
I'd keep Howard, Hanley, Granderson, Rios, BJ, Lincecum and Justin. Get rid of the rest except... Trade Billingsley and Scherzer for Billinglsey if you can.

Man, you've got a low opinion of Max Scherzer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:34 pm 

Ha!

Oops, I obviously meant trade Holliday and Scherzer for Billingsley if you can.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.